Making Thumbnails larger?

Hi all, is there any way I can increase the size of the thumbnails in the content display? See the attached image to be clearer. Thanks!

ds thumbnails.PNG
568 x 892 - 288K

Comments

• You can add a larger (256 pixels square) filename.tip.png file to the folder with filename.duf and filename.png, DS will display that as you hover the mouse over the item in the content view.

• Oh goodness, I have thousands of products - I was hoping there was somewhere in DS to change it automatically. They are fine for close shots or people, but scenes tend to be unrecognisable that small, and a LOT of the thumbnails have very basic names that have no indication of what they belong to. Very frustrating. Maybe something for the techies to think about on the next DS build? :) Thanks for the answer, Richard!

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Richard Haseltine said:

You can add a larger (256 pixels square) filename.tip.png file to the folder with filename.duf and filename.png, DS will display that as you hover the mouse over the item in the content view.

Sorry but that option is NOT acceptable. I too was looking at a much simpler way to increase the size of the thumbnails in the content library as they are way too small.

Is there no global setting in DAZ Studio that allows for this? If not, then there damn well should be.

Cheers & Merry Christmas...

• If you don't mind upsampled images, and have an image editor that supports scripting, it would probably be fairly simple to generate the .tip files. But no, there isn't an option built-in to DS.

• New products are being required AFAIK to always include bigger tip files (250*250 px) which should pop-up when you hover over the file. I know there is a way to disable that in Daz, so you may want to check you have that enabled.
  • In my freebies, I include 512 square tip files.
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Richard Haseltine said:

If you don't mind upsampled images, and have an image editor that supports scripting, it would probably be fairly simple to generate the .tip files. But no, there isn't an option built-in to DS.

Well, there damn well should be an option built into Daz Studio to do this. Putting the onus on the customer or vendor is STUPID. I can only imagine how many thousands of thumbnails I would have in my DAZ content. It would be a year long project to do something Daz should have built into their app.

Merry Christmas and All the very Best in 2022.