Is it true that Mimic Pro can only work in Daz Pro 4.5 32-bit?

xthenexthene Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I heard Mimic Pro works only with 32 bit.
Currently i am using the free Daz pro 64 bit.

So, with both 32 bit and 64 bit Daz, do i have to install the models twice?

Comments

• xthenexthene Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of buying Mimic Pro for a project. Is it true that Mimic Pro can only work in Daz Pro 4.5 32-bit?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

No, Mimic Pro is a standalone application which exports PZ2 files for the animation, which can be used in any version of DS.

edited December 1969

Merged two threads as they were related questions. As noted above, you can use Mimic pro with the 64 bit version of DS but if you do want to install the 32 bit version (it does have LipSync, which is a cut-down version of Mimic) it will use the same content locations and other settings as the 64 bit version - it is not, in fact, possible to make them different.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

-Richard

Do you know if you can use mimic pro with Genesis? Is there a mimic config file?

edited December 1969

I think Wendy posted one.

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

I think Wendy posted one.

Link?

I am desperate to get Mimic Pro working with DAZ Studio 4 and the Genesis figure. I'm still on version 3 advanced because I NEED that functionality for importing .wav files and converting them to .pz3 files. This is HUGE! How can someone do a 3d animated film without it except by hand lipsync?

Mimic Pro needs the love and an upgrade, but it needs the ability to import .wav files that Mimic live doesn't have. I have a cast that sends me recorded .wav files. Without this feature, it's a step backwards to using DAZ Studio only for still work. I have literally stopped purchasing anything until this is addressed.

I'm not posting as a troll. I desperately need this functionality. I love DAZ, and I've been a customer for years. Genesis is so cool, but without being able to do animation quickly, it doesn't serve my purposes.

Any chance we can get this updated?

Sincerely,

Ken Thomson
    www.starshipsaladin.com

• KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

I myself too almost bought one until I found out that it was only for Windows.