No discount on quarterly?

Will there be no discount on quarterly PC+ membership this year? Not worth it to me at full price, but with a discount I might consider it

Comments

• As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to, no.

$24 for me is great value, you're free to disagree obviously, but when you think of the 6 $6 off coupons you receive, the multitude of free items, plus the discounts on DO's.. it should be pretty easy to make that back and then some.  Put the PC anniversary on top of that, and it's paid for itself a few times over.

• Sure, if you actually spend the coupons, it is certainly worth it, but I have found that there really isn't anything left for me to spend them on. I use Poser, and most new items are Studio-only (and a kudos to you Jack for still supporting Poser ;)  )

• As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to, no.

$24 for me is great value, you're free to disagree obviously, but when you think of the 6 $6 off coupons you receive, the multitude of free items, plus the discounts on DO's.. it should be pretty easy to make that back and then some.  Put the PC anniversary on top of that, and it's paid for itself a few times over.

I'd agree with that 100% and I pay a 30% premium for living in Australia! ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

What else can you buy regularly that still costs the same as it did 15 years ago?

• Chohole said:

What else can you buy regularly that still costs the same as it did 15 years ago?

Plenty of things. A 1$ stamp still costs 1$, but the value of it is lessened. Just like the PC+. All freebies and 99% of all new content are now DS only, so for a Poser user, there isn't much value left. Not interested in paying full price for the chance to get a slight discount on a rare item or two.

Ironically, yesterday I got a offer from Daz of 50$ off on DO items if only I would buy V8.. or a whopping 150$ off if I bought the pro bundle - they seem rather desperate to push V8, which I have absolutely no iterest in. There was nothing of interest in the list of DO items either. I would much rather get a discount on items I actually want ;)

• Chohole said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't the membership prices originally higher?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't the membership prices originally higher?

Yes,  It was close to $100 annual when it first appeared.  

Ah yes there it is 

Print Order

Order Date: October 16, 2002

Platinum Club Annual Membership

download   1 $99.95
  • I believe the quarterly was 29.95 too.

Ok, let me fire off a memo to Daz ;)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,032
    edited October 2017

Initially there was a fee for the first membership purchase and then renewal was cheaper : monthly was 29$ for first month of a new membership and then 7.95$ each month, annual was 99.95$ for a new membership and then 69.95$ (I think) for renewal.

Post edited by Leana on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I guess in a way PC+ price complaints from people who get no value from the coupons is a huge compliment to the appeal of the PC+ Anniversary sale. Like... they want a day pass to the convention just because the dealer’s room is _so good_.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I guess in a way PC+ price complaints from people who get no value from the coupons is a huge compliment to the appeal of the PC+ Anniversary sale. Like... they want a day pass to the convention just because the dealer’s room is _so good_.

That's a great way to put it.  I know personally, I've been totally happy with my PC+ subscription (i'm on the 3 month recurring) and I happily pay the regular price.  I mean, yeah, a discount would be awesome, but I've been on it for around a year now, and I've never felt I didn't get quite a bit more than my money's worth out of the membership, even paying full price for it.  It's definietly one of the best deals on the net.

• By that logic the yearly shouldn't be discounted either, since it's already a great deal cheeky

• By that logic the yearly shouldn't be discounted either, since it's already a great deal cheeky

+1 :D

• Sure, if you actually spend the coupons, it is certainly worth it, but I have found that there really isn't anything left for me to spend them on.

Then why are you in PC? The items it gives you discounts on are the same ones you're not spending the coupon on. -headscratch-

• Sure, if you actually spend the coupons, it is certainly worth it, but I have found that there really isn't anything left for me to spend them on.

Then why are you in PC? The items it gives you discounts on are the same ones you're not spending the coupon on. -headscratch-

I'm not. That was kinda the point. But I'm considering joining up again for a couple months if I get a better price. I might be able to find a couple of items to make it worth it.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

It's your subconscious whispering:

Migrate from Poser to Daz. You know you want to.

:)

• Toonces said:

It's your subconscious whispering:

Migrate from Poser to Daz. You know you want to.

:)

Not happening wink

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i was hoping for a quarterly pc celebration price  too.

i been extending month by month, every month is a deep think, should i or not

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

..aww bugger.  I have to go quarterly as I am on a fixed income and can't afford such a big expense in one shot.12$ is so much more manageable and I always seemed to time it out just right to get a discount membership.

By that logic the yearly shouldn't be discounted either, since it's already a great deal cheeky

+1 :D

...gahh don't make it any harder, 70$ is way more than I can afford in any month on my slim pension..

• Well, it looks like someone at Daz was listening ;)

• Thanks Jack - putting it in my cart right now :P

• I'm full till June.  Tempting to get this now, but I'm sure it will  be here again before then.

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Just bought a discounted quarterly membership and had my first splurge as a pc+ member. Happy Days!

• TercelTercel Posts: 100

Renewing with the quarterly . . . thanks to whoever at DAZ was listening.

...thank you.  Today was also the final day of my current 3 month membership.  Nice timing.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2017

Well, it looks like someone at Daz was listening ;)

Thank You, Jack! :) I get to participate in the PC+ sale now! YAY!  *does happy dance around her livingroom* laughyes

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • I got quarterly yesterday for $16.