Is it true that you only get Anatomical Elements via Pro Bundles?

PippenPippen Posts: 265
edited October 2017 in The Commons

Do they not come with the base or starter bundle?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Just the Pro bundles of the adult figures.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,562

Don't feel bad. they are basic at best. You can get more quality ones at renderotica.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I think there is one genesis 3 female sold here with a gen morph.

• PippenPippen Posts: 265

Don't feel bad. they are basic at best. You can get more quality ones at renderotica.

Oh. I thought Daz's were required in order to use the ones at Renderotica. If not, great! I get to keep V8's starter bundle.

• Pippen said:

Oh. I thought Daz's were required in order to use the ones at Renderotica. If not, great! I get to keep V8's starter bundle.

Not at all, most of them are standalone. Just make sure you're not buying a morph pack.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I think there is one genesis 3 female sold here with a gen morph.

And most of my genesis 2-7 guys have gen morphs (some are HD)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731

ZevO's Shape Shift morph packages have gen morphs, the female ones can be used without the DAZ gens.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited October 2017

Agreed that the 3rd party genital items (What ever happened to the DAZ euphemism "Toast"?) are often more sophisticated but the problem is getting them to work with the DAZ textures for them.  Getting the colors and skin features to match as well as the UV's.  I have to fiddle around with generic colors and textures and often apply postwork. frown

I have a male 3rd party "toast" item that I got free years ago that is wonderfully shapeable, and flexible and I've used it often but I haven't found an update for it since the Michael4 days.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Agreed that the 3rd party genital items (What ever happened to the DAZ euphemism "Toast"?) are often more sophisticated but the problem is getting them to work with the DAZ textures for them.  Getting the colors and skin features to match as well as the UV's.  I have to fiddle around with generic colors and textures and often apply postwork. frown

I have a male 3rd party "toast" item that I got free years ago that is wonderfully shapeable, and flexible and I've used it often but I haven't found an update for it since the Michael4 days.

For the females, the 3feetwolf gens do a good job of skin texture matching. The latest package for G8F is backward compatible for G3F too. For the males, the DAZ version is ok if you can afford the Pro Bundle. I don't use G8 and I waited a long time before I spotted M7 Pro Bundle at 80% discount. However, you do need characters with AE texures so it can be a problem if you want to use a skin that doesn't have those textures.

There is also an issue with hiding the male gens under clothing. Making a geograft invisible leaves a gaping hole into which cloth will fall. So I also use an old M4 prop from Jepe called "Real Gens" which needs to be parented and then there are textures to select which can be tweaked to match as closely as possible. That prop also has the advantage of displacement maps which add realism and which the DAZ product doesn't have (it is possible to create your own displacement maps though).

• Yes, the official anatomical elements are only available in the pro bundles.  However, you only need one pro bundle for each gender and generation.  All of the anatomical elements are the same in all pro bundles for that generation and gender.

• Taoz said:

ZevO's Shape Shift morph packages have gen morphs, the female ones can be used without the DAZ gens.

The female gen morphs on the base don't look anything like real except from a far distance (I applaud DAZ greatly for how much nicer their G3 gens look compared to previous designs).

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2017
    Taoz said:

The female gen morphs on the base don't look anything like real except from a far distance (I applaud DAZ greatly for how much nicer their G3 gens look compared to previous designs).

Just give all your ladies voluminous bushes and then it doesn't matter what's hiding in there ;)

Post edited by j cade on
  • j cade said:
    Taoz said:

Just give all your ladies voluminous bushes and then it doesn't matter what's hiding in there ;)

LMAO This is true.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    j cade said:
    Taoz said:

But wouldn't one wonder what was hiding in the bushes? ;)

Laurie

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

As long as they don't have barbs:
    https://cat-man-dancing.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-Alternate-108-694606438
    Yes, it's safe for work. Nothing explicit.

Taoz said:

"Real" covers a wide range of variety when it comes to the human body, but I agree, they are quite limited.

AllenArt said:
    j cade said:
    Taoz said:

But wouldn't one wonder what was hiding in the bushes? ;)

Laurie

Well DAZ is definitely beating around the bush when using the term "anatomical elements". ;)

• Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

"Real" covers a wide range of variety when it comes to the human body, but I agree, they are quite limited.

I mean morphs to the base figure with no extra geometry that only have outer lips and a slash (like Zev0's). DAZ's actually modeled gens are pretty okay aside from lack of morphs.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

One thing nobody has mentioned yet is that, in addition to the "replacement parts"-- jeez, I'm starting to sound like I'm talking about the latest JC Whitney catalog! -- renderotica also has a large variety of morph packages that can be used to "augment" the standard, out-of-the-box -- if you'll pardon the pun; and yes, it was intended! -- DAZ "figures".

j cade said:

You can get those at 'Rotica, too!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

One thing nobody has mentioned yet is that, in addition to the "replacement parts"-- jeez, I'm starting to sound like I'm talking about the latest JC Whitney catalog! -- renderotica also has a large variety of morph packages that can be used to "augment" the standard, out-of-the-box -- if you'll pardon the pun; and yes, it was intended! -- DAZ "figures".

j cade said:

Yes, I'll pardon the pun - it made me laugh.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

Perhaps one day there will be a female character with enough polys in the "right place" to do away with geo-grafts and the texture matching problem altogether.

• fred9803 said:

Perhaps one day there will be a female character with enough polys in the "right place" to do away with geo-grafts and the texture matching problem altogether.

Not going to happen unless they decide to stop selling teen figures; the texture part, that is.

• Agreed that the 3rd party genital items (What ever happened to the DAZ euphemism "Toast"?) are often more sophisticated but the problem is getting them to work with the DAZ textures for them.  Getting the colors and skin features to match as well as the UV's.  I have to fiddle around with generic colors and textures and often apply postwork. frown

I remember the 'toast' euphemism, but can't recall whether that covered both male and female. Can anybody remember ?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I remember the 'toast' euphemism, but can't recall whether that covered both male and female. Can anybody remember ?

Male only iirc, due to the 'popping up' aspect of toast.

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220
    edited November 2017

Just the Pro bundles of the adult figures.

Lol I learned this after I bought Teen Josie 8 :))). Makes me wonder why, because you know, it's just "anatomical elements".

Why can't everyone be innocent :D. Just kidding !

Post edited by 3DMinh on
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Lol I learned this after I bought Teen Josie 8 :))). Makes me wonder why, because you know, it's just "anatomical elements".

You can still use the anatomical elements with the teen figures. You just need to find a way to use the torso texture with the genital.

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220
    edited November 2017
    y3kman said:

You can still use the anatomical elements with the teen figures. You just need to find a way to use the torso texture with the genital.

Yeah. What I meant is I thought with the purchase of Teen Josie 8 I'd reveive the anatomical elements for Genesis 8 too. :D. Now I have to buy other pro bundles for that 

Post edited by 3DMinh on