David 5 Thread

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited April 2013

Well, it's almost Tax Day, so who's gripping their wallets tightly? :)

Edit: Post 777!!! Lucky me!! :cheese:

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

If you arrange your withholding properly, Tax Day is a financial non-event. :) (Paid the feds $9, got a $9 state refund.)

edited April 2013

If you arrange your withholding properly, Tax Day is a financial non-event. :) (Paid the feds $9, got a $9 state refund.)
    It probably doesn't make some people feel better telling you all know that on top of sitting on a stash of cash I also have almost $20 worth of refunded store credit, as well as my PC monthly coupon... :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Okay, so David wasn't a Tax Day release. My next bet is either the 29th or 30th.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Maybe I'll get a good 80's flashback with something New Romantic-ish. (I realize that some of the people here weren't even in school when the New Romantic movement hit...)

There are probably some whose parents weren't in school when the New Romantics appeared!

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Trust me. David's leanness is very useful, indeed. Yes, there are plenty of slimmer Real World male characters and morphs such Manly Men and just about ANYTHING made by Male-M3dia. But most of those male characters are just that, characters catered to M5. So as unique as they are, they still heavily retain much of M5's proportions.

Let's not loose sight of things, here. We don't know what David 5 is actually going to add to the mix.

I agree.
    There’s not even a single image yet, so it's a little early to claim how awesome he is. :roll:
    Michael 5 is great, Freak 4.5 is horrible, so it could be anything.
    Since there is no David 4, I’m hoping for something new this time, I just hope they don’t just clone the David 3 shape instead.
    Best we can do is wait for images and see for ourselves how good or bad it is. With all we can do with Genesis, I wonder what he can add to justify the money, and I don’t mean clothes or textures.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

You I am just happy that their even putting a David 5 shape. I purchased the David 3 shape but I find he does not blend well with the other figures.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

My next bet is either the 29th or 30th.

The recent slew of Gen5 releases have all tended to be at the end of the month. So, here's hoping...

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

If there is one at the end of this month i believe it will most likely be girl 5

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Maybe I'll get a good 80's flashback with something New Romantic-ish. (I realize that some of the people here weren't even in school when the New Romantic movement hit...)

There are probably some whose parents weren't in school when the New Romantics appeared!

Yeah... no. Thinking about that makes me feel old. (I was actually thinking of when the New Romantics hit the US, which extended into and influenced my High School years.)

But I did see the appearance of the Read Me's for a couple of products that may be suitable. :) (I knew they were coming from Vendors, but I wasn't going to say anything until I saw the read me's here.)

edited December 1969

Ladies and Gentlemen (and Squirels, Cows, bald wizards and anything else I may have missed...),

If those of you who are able would turn your attention to the Member's Only forum... :coolgrin:

edited April 2013

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! HE'S FINALLY HERE!!! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I really like Sean! Don't know what I'm going to get yet though. And it's not that big of a discount compared to the other releases.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

I am already downloading.....but what a pity....the fantastic Poet Clothing seams not be ready for downloading....no files there :(
    (I know USA is sleeping now.... so I have to wait.... there is an error: the download files seams not to be online yet... ;) I try to be patient...but it is hard.....want to play with this.....)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

He's awesome IMO. Now I'm just waiting for SheFreak5, because I'm dying for a more buffed-up lady, fit for the Amazon warrioress things my muse has ordered me to do!

edited December 1969

The email that came out puts him at 30% off. (5:30am Florida time)

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Here's a couple of renders of him wearing some of the 16 pieces that form the Ultimate Morphing Tux. He's my fave male character ever and looks so good out of the box it seems a pity to apply any morphs to him at all.

The Ulitmate Morphing Tux is through QA and ready for release when Daz Marketing sees fit.

davidbrn.jpg
    600 x 780 - 542K
    davidsatin.jpg
    600 x 780 - 514K
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Marieah - especially that topmost dandy is absolutely to die for!

edited December 1969

VERY nice!
    I agree, hate to morph him :)

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I was a bit surprised at the price - Hiro 5 and Aiko 5 etc seemed a lot cheaper than he is

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited April 2013

I love D5. Great figure shape. Here is a quick render test I did with him combined with some of my aging morphs to see how he would look as an older person.

D5.jpg
    644 x 882 - 280K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    I was a bit surprised at the price - Hiro 5 and Aiko 5 etc seemed a lot cheaper than he is

Seriously? He comes up in my browser for less than 12 bucks, which, for a gorgeous character and textures, seems like a total bargain to me.

edited December 1969

Has anybody found the "3 Alternative Head Shapes " ?

edited December 1969

ah, ok, i found them ;)
    Shaping Editor - Head - Male

edited December 1969

Juju said:
    Has anybody found the "3 Alternative Head Shapes " ?

Yes. Under shaping, select Genesis and scroll down until you find them.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Bea said:

Seriously? He comes up in my browser for less than 12 bucks, which, for a gorgeous character and textures, seems like a total bargain to me.
    I was talking about the professional package. :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Bea said:

Aiko5 Pro Bundle: $99.95
    David5 Pro Bundle: $129.95
    Yes.

P.S. You have additional vendor discount - try to look at it without being logged in ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Marieah said:
    Bea said:

Aiko5 Pro Bundle: $99.95
    David5 Pro Bundle: $129.95
    Yes.

P.S. You have additional vendor discount - try to look at it without being logged in ...

To be fair, there are at least two more products in the D5 Pro bundle than in the Freak 5 pro bundle (which was also about $100)

edited December 1969

The main thing really is the character I think. I mean, this is Genesis. It's not as if we don't all have a runtime full of clothes that will fit him and look good on him already. Which reminds me...I must try him in Flower Power...

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    The main thing really is the character I think. I mean, this is Genesis. It's not as if we don't all have a runtime full of clothes that will fit him and look good on him already. Which reminds me...I must try him in Flower Power...

Some people like the clothes in the bundle, and see the benefit of getting it all at once. :)

On a base price, David isn't actually any more expensive than any of the other morphs. His bundle is bigger than the last few bundles we've had, and that's what makes him feel more expensive.