How do I make Victoria 4 figure smile?

If I wanted to make my Victoria 4 figure smile, how would I make this happen?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017

I assume that you are using DAZ Studio. I have no idea how to do this in Poser.

Making her smile is just like you do it with other character (G1-8). Select the head. Then go to the Parameter Tab. You should find "Morph Expressions" there that contain the base emotions.

Visemens are used for forming words (lip shape).

v4morph.JPG
    625 x 623 - 80K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Sorry, I have to ask, why are you using Victoria 4 given the many newer options?  No offense intended...I'm just honestly curious.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Hi Jeff,

many of us still use "older" models, instead of the new ones.

For one, there's the resources question. If you invested into one generation (like, V/M4), when you start using Genesis 8, for exaple, you have to jump through many hoops to make your "old" items workable with that figure. So you either go and invest money again and again with each generation, or you draw a line and say "I will only make the jump to the next generation once the improvements/features are ones that make the new investment worth it". For example, if Genesis 9 comes with build-in soft body dynamics that won't make my system crash all the time, that would make me consider, perhaps.

The other reason why people still use older figures is that some prefer the looks, some also work with Poser or Carrara, or Iclone, and G3 and G8 don't really play nice with these programs.

And also, keep in mind that you can get the older figures and their clothings dirt cheap in sales. So, if you are running on a tight budget, that is your best option to get together a decent collection of content.

Ultimately, it's a matter of personal taste and requirements.smiley

• Thanks for the response, all sensible points.

Thanks - Jeff

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617

If I wanted to make my Victoria 4 figure smile, how would I make this happen?

Been a while since I really used Victoria, but choose head.  In the parameters tab, choose all.  Then in the search bar, type in smile.  There should be a few choices that come up.