When site went down my Daz Studio would not launch

I am a bit concerned.... when the store went offline my Daz Studio would not load.... I did have Daz connect enabled... it hung for a long time gave an error and I rebooted... I tried restarting and eventually studio launched.... is the software dependent upon the site now?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

NO. Daz Studio will only communicate with the site if you have explicitly indicated that you want it to; either via Daz Connect or the (anonymous) application improvement program, or buttons/actions that lanch URLs. While the default option checked in a given option dialog may be to establish the connection, you must opt-in/confirm/accept for any connection to actually be attempted; the developers have been adamant about this.

• If you have DS set to connect at launch it wil make the attempt, but unless you are using an older version it should them time-out and work in offline mode (meaning no getting metadata updates and no isntalling new content through Connect). If it hangs indefinitely and you are using the current version of DS then that would be a bug.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I did have connect set to launch. I and others experience a fair delay with it attempting to connect itself. After a while it does connect but it is slow..