Updating some of my Older Footwear products to fit Genesis 8 Female

Just a quick note for anyone who owns any of the following products of mine,

https://www.daz3d.com/school-loafers

https://www.daz3d.com/rain-boots-for-genesis-2-and-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/summer-sandals-volume-1-for-genesis-2-genesis-3-female-s

All will soon be updated with free Genesis 8 fits, update will be avaliable via DIM.

Not a massive deal as you can auto-fit, G3f clothing to G8F, but its nice not to have Wieght mapping weirdness on Toe/Ankle bends.

Will post again as soon as all 3 updates have cleared test and are live on DIM.

thanks!

Comments

• Thank you, that's really nice of you. Maybe it'll even mitigate my reticence about G8 :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141

Thank you, that will be great!

• Thanks DogZ!!  I would love to see a G8F update of you "Ballerina Assembly Kit" for Genesis.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896

Thanks DogZ!!  I would love to see a G8F update of you "Ballerina Assembly Kit" for Genesis.

Its on the cards, dont you worry :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    Dogz said:

Thanks DogZ!!  I would love to see a G8F update of you "Ballerina Assembly Kit" for Genesis.

Its on the cards, dont you worry :)

I was about to request G3f and G8F versions for those shoes.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Only through DIM? Not manual download?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Why thank you! What a nice gesture :)

Laurie

edited October 2017
    JOdel said:

Only through DIM? Not manual download?

I just assume they will be updated there also. as it would make no sense if they were not - but ill check on that.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Excellent. Reasonable, practical shoes are always a plus.

They Should be live now - Enjoy  :)

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Looks like it. Thanks so much!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Thank you!  (•‿• )

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88

I have all three products and I can see the updated files in the Product Library, but they've never shown up for me in DIM.

• PlantPlant Posts: 104
    lcfar said:

I have all three products and I can see the updated files in the Product Library, but they've never shown up for me in DIM.

I have that problem

• No G8/G3 update for Ballerina Assembly Kit, yet.  Not in Product Library nor DIM.

• Any updates on the Ballerina Assembly Kit? Even if it end up being a new product designed for G3/G8 I wouldn't mind paying again for it, you allways deliver quality work ^^

I don't want to pressure you though, take the time it needs ;)

Cheers

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Awesome.  I already have the school loafers, but this just put the Rain Boots back on my wishlist. :) 

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited October 2019

Just purchased your summer sandals and rain boots, thank you for the G8 update.

But I can't find the G8F files for the rain boots in DIM. Anybody else having this happen?

Had to manually download (from Product Library) and install because DIM wouldn't recognize it!!!!

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • mlominymlominy Posts: 211

I already own the https://www.daz3d.com/ballet-flats-assembly-kit-ii-for-the-genesis-8-females  

But I would really like to have a G3F version...

Regards

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Just purchased your summer sandals and rain boots, thank you for the G8 update.

But I can't find the G8F files for the rain boots in DIM. Anybody else having this happen?

Had to manually download (from Product Library) and install because DIM wouldn't recognize it!!!!

Also got the Rain Boots, and DIM only sees the original Genesis 2 & 3 version, but not the new one with Genesis 8. The old file shouldn't be there anymore, and the files are both IM00037009-01, which would be a conflict.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

@NorthOf45, uninstall the boots, then delete the file from the 'Ready to install' tab of DIM. Then when you re-download via DIM you should get the updated product.

Did that, but what is ready to download is the same file (Rain Boots for Genesis 2 and 3 Female(s) - 86.5 MB) instead fo the newer one (Rain Boots for Genesis 2, 3 and 8 Female(s) - 92.9 MB). I know how to get it into the system, but the old file shouldn't show anymore, anywhere.

Okay, the new file is appearing in DIM. Looking at the dates, it was only released a couple of weeks ago, so I guess it took a little while to get it all straightened out.

• I was wanting to buy the summer sandals vol.1 so will these fixes be in the product when I buy them?

thanks.

Yes Summer Sandals Vol1 are avaliable for all Genesis females, 2, 3 and 8.

Do we still have an issue with G8F Rainboots- no show? has anyone opened a ticket or anything?