[Released] Need a Vacation from the Uncanny Valley? [Commercial]

omnifreakeromnifreaker Posts: 71
edited October 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

incantoo starter bundle

Tired of the same ol' look? The Incantoo Starter Bundle provides a ticket to a new stylized fantasy world of Warriors, Skeletons, and more!

Get it while it is on sale--the bundle includes:

Let me know what you think!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017

I've tracked down the strands problem in DS 4.8 to the subdivision. If I set Subdivision to Base, the strands vanish (see images below). Otherwise, they seem to be connecting several polygons across the design.

Base resolution:

SD Render 2 as on default load:

I don't have the slightest idea what is causing this behaviour, though. It makes no sense at all.

EDIT: Okay, I found the reason for the strands. The subdivision is set to Catmark, which, for whatever reason, doesn't sit well with DS 4.8:

If you change the Algorith to Catmull-Clark (Legacy), everything's fine. Problem solved with this workaround, though the two Algorithms give very slightly different shapes.

landscapewires4.JPG
    1690 x 839 - 284K
    landscapewires3.JPG
    1280 x 719 - 247K
    landscapewires5.JPG
    1042 x 499 - 75K
    landscapewires6.JPG
    1330 x 677 - 148K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:

I've tracked down the strands problem in DS 4.8 to the subdivision. If I set Subdivision to Base, the strands vanish (see images below).

If you change the Algorith to Catmull-Clark (Legacy), everything's fine. Problem solved with this workaround, though the two Algorithms give very slightly different shapes.

Thanks for tracking that down. You should not see any issues in 4.9+.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017

No problem (though, not much of a chance that i'll be using 4.9+ as my main render engine). I really like the landscape, and that I can use it for closeups. I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of it, I'm sure of that.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Here are some videos that showcase the products--All images are using only the products in the bundle.  There is a lot you can do we this bundle!

...and 40%off my entire store--this weekend only:

http://www.daz3d.com/omnifreaker

Incantoo Starter Bundle

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Please tell me there'll be female characters!

• There will be based on demand...anyone else interested in a female?  I have some fun designs in the works.  It would include more of a base figure based on other feedback.

• I am interested in base figures in this style.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

There will be based on demand...anyone else interested in a female?  I have some fun designs in the works.  It would include more of a base figure based on other feedback.

The only reason I haven’t snapped the characters up so far (because I love their style) is the lack of versatility; after years of buying females that never had a matching male, my current criteria for purchase include having male and female base figures, at least two or three hairstyles each and some minimal clothing (a simple bodysuit and boots would be enough, I normally prefer science fiction to fantasy). In a pinch, I’m willing to go with creating second skin bodysuits (as long as there’s boots), but male and female base characters are the absolute minimum.

I’m anxious to see where you go with the style next, as I really, really like it.

— Walt Sterdan

• Incantoo Warrior

Until a base figure is available, I am providing a FREE download of these base textures available on my website that replace the pants with the classic barbarian speedo:

• 3 4K textures (Base Color/Roughness/Normal)
    • Material preset to load the textures

Hopefully these provide a little more versatility. Let me know what you think!

IncantooWarriorBaseTexture_20171023.zip (42MB)