Simplified steps to export .obj and immediately load as morph not working

I'm trying to ultimately transfer a G2F morph to G3F by following steps here, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58075/is-it-or-will-it-be-possible-to-convert-morphs-from-genesis-2-to-genesis-3.

However, I'm getting a "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." on step 12.

I'm trying to verify a minimal set of steps as recommended by algovincian at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70696/problem-when-importing-custom-morph-back-to-ds.

So I'm trying to just export an .obj file from G3F (see steps below) and immediately try to load it in as a "null" morph. I'm still getting the error, so I assume I'm doing something very basic wrong. The steps I'm following are:

- from DS 4.9
    - load G3F into a scene with nothing but a camera
    - from the Parameters tab, navigate to Genesis 3 Female / General / Mesh Resolution
        - set Resolution Level to Base
        - leave SubDivision Level at default of 1 (I've also tried setting it to 0, but it makes no difference)
    - select menu item => File => Export
        - set Filename to desired filename
        - set Save as Type to Wavefront Object (*.obj)
        - click Save
        - from dialog OBJ Export Options
            - set To: field to Hexagon (1 unit = 1cm)
            - leave Ingore Invisible Nodes checked
            - uncheck all other option in the bottom half of the dialog (this minimizes file size)
            - click Accept
            - your .obj file is created

- now, if I understand correctly, I SHOULD be able to turn right around and load this as a morph, to verify that the .obj file is valid at this point
    - select menu item => Edit => Object => Morph Loader Pro ...
    - from the Morph Loader Pro dialog
        - verify From: is Hexagon
        - click button Choose Morph Files ...
            - set path to point to the .obj you created above
        - leave Load Morphs For: as default Primary Figure (Vertex Only)
        - click dropdown triangle to left of {myfile}.obj entry in bottom pane
            - I've tried setting Property Group to Head, and also leaving it as the default Morphs / Morph Loader
            - I've tried setting Reverse Deformations to Yes, as well as leaving it as the default No
        - click Accept button
        - receive error "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."
            - just in case that was a non-fatal warning, I checked the Parameters tab to see if my .obj filename did show up or anything, but it does not look like it

So I think my export as .obj, and immediately load as a morph, attempt failed. Like I said, I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong, but not sure how to debug it any further than this by myself. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Comments

• There were no other items in the scene? I would leave Write Object Statements checked, not sure what that does but it seems most likely to be an issue. Keeping group names might also be wise.

• Thank you for your reply, Richard! I ran through the steps again, modifying as you indicated, and it DID work this time.

For what it's worth, I did 3 things differently than before:

1. I restarted DAZ Studio -- perhaps it was off-balance after earlier attempts last night?

2. My baseduf.duf has 2 cameras that load by default. I did explicitly delete both of these this time.

3. I did a slightly different mix of options turned on when saving the original G3F .obj, as you suggested --Ignore Invisible Nodes, Write Object Statements, Write Groups (Use Node Names), Write Surfaces, Write Material Library (Original Maps)

Whatever made the difference, it did load the null morph, and then did create the target morph successfully this time. Thank you for your assistance!
    --John