Products inspired in movies/series that you would like to see in Genesis 3 and 8?

I think most of us love celeb look alike characters, movie & videogames inspired clothing and enviroments. Which you wanna see as products in DAZ store? Here's mine: 

1.-Lord of the Rings (EVERYTHING, clothes, weapons, hair, places, but specially i wish to see a HD character inspired in Arwen and another in Galadriel)

2.-Star Wars (Rey, padme and leia, characters, hair and outfits)

3.-Game of Thrones (I hope Sangriart make every girl of the show XD)

4.-Van Helsing (Hanna Valerious hair and outfit would be awesome)

5.-Jurassic Park (I wonder why, except dinosaurs, there's no enviroments, vehicles, characters or clothing inspired in this great movies) 

6.-Kill Bill (Just the Bride's yellow outfit, and maybe a younger versión of Umma Thurman)

Comments

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

The Witcher 3 Armor sets at each craft level :)

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Everything from Girl Und Panzer.

Every vehicle, every prop, everything.

• The problem with "inspired by" is that some of us don't want to make inadvertent fan-art.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,748

Finding Nemo/Dory.  I want more 3D fish!  I would love a 3D royal blue tang (Dory).  Actually I would love a real royal blue tang but that is not meant for now. I would like toon fish but also their realistic counterparts.

The little mermaid-  mermaids and mermen!  Also under the sea stuff such as buildings.  We tend to have a lot of mermaids but not enough mermen and scenery.   Basically I want more under water stuff.

Tangled with a way to fake the real long hair in a scene with long hair for the female.

I like the Stargate movie.  So things based on that.  How about a beast of burden like the one in the movie?

How about a Harry Potter?  A generic wizard school?  The different creatures such as an updated Phoenix?

My little pony based with Precious?

The problem with "inspired by" is that some of us don't want to make inadvertent fan-art.

True, but maybe realistic fish instead!  I want more fish for my renders!

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 244

The problem with "inspired by" is that some of us don't want to make inadvertent fan-art.

Sorry my english is not very good, can you explain what do you mean with "inadvertent"?

Greettings!  

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059
    edited October 2017
    namtar3d said:

Sorry my english is not very good, can you explain what do you mean with "inadvertent"?

Greettings!  

You use some content in your image and you end up with fan-art because it was inspired by some game / show / movie but you didn't know it.

For example I've bought a few items because they were looking great and found out afterwards that they were heavily inspired by some game I never heard of. That can be very problematic, especially if you do commercial work.

Post edited by Leana on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    namtar3d said:

Greettings!  

Accidental   Unintentional  unplanned.

• The problem with "inspired by" is that some of us don't want to make inadvertent fan-art.

Yes this drives me crazy.

Leana said:
    namtar3d said:

Greettings!  

You use some content in your image and you end up with fan-art because it was inspired by some game / show / movie but you didn't know it.

For example I've bought a few items because they were looking great and found out afterwards that they were heavily inspired by some game I never heard of. That can be very problematic, especially if you do commercial work.

Aaaaaah!! now i see!! 

Ok, maybe we need a new category called "cosplay" or something. I love these kind of contents, but i understand your point. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    namtar3d said:
    Leana said:
    namtar3d said:

Greettings!  

Aaaaaah!! now i see!! 

Ok, maybe we need a new category called "cosplay" or something. I love these kind of contents, but i understand your point. 

The main issue is legality and copyright.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,874
    edited October 2017

There have been plenty of times where I was exploring around in ShareCG looking for, say, space ships or control panels, and came across some item that looked great.... but then noticed it was tagged "non-commercial use only," and I said to myself, "Wait, whut?!?" It isn't always obvious it is such even from the ad copy on the item there, but usually this "non-commerical-use only" tag is an indication its based on someone's franchise fiction.  Video game, TV show, whatever.  A lot of times it becomes obvious which one it is when I look more closely at it, once I've noticed the non-commercial tag (a lot of sci-fi stuff I've seen there is Star Trek inspired, for instance), but sometimes it isn't as obvious, probably because its from some existing, owned fiction work I've never heard of.  I HAVE come across the occasional, totally mundane thing tagged as "non-commercial use only," such as an ordinary, plain-jane table, and sometimes its an ordinary object with someone else's logo attached, such as a VCR with a company logo on it, but most of the time its been something from Somebody Else's Fiction.

Most of my rendered stuff of late has been for my own amusement, and will eventually be posted to a particular web-community that caters to a particular, niche sort of naughty... but I do reserve the right to do commercial work someday, when I get better at Daz Studio stuff, possibly ebook novel cover art, or something, so I do tend to avoid "non-commercial use only" stuff unless its really obvious to me what franchise fiction it came from (so I don't later accidently plop it into the background in a meant-for-commercial work such as a novel cover two or three years from now when I'm slapping a buncha random spaceships into a spaceport scene).

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • Star Trek.  Everything out there right now seems to be for V/M4 and older. Would love to see native G3.

• Still waiting for a Modern space suit so I can do a Apollo 11 render

• Star Trek.  Everything out there right now seems to be for V/M4 and older. Would love to see native G3.

Not likely to happen here, as Paramount and CBS have gotten rather strict about such things lately.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

I'm still really angry that I spent $25 on a mech at another site only to discover it was a rather faithful, illegal, copy of a mech from a game I was totally unfamiliar with.

Which not only made it worthless to use commercially but I'm pretty sure made it verboten to use even casually.

Willbears said:

I'm still really angry that I spent $25 on a mech at another site only to discover it was a rather faithful, illegal, copy of a mech from a game I was totally unfamiliar with.

Which not only made it worthless to use commercially but I'm pretty sure made it verboten to use even casually.

There are a lot of vehicles from 3D games available online as files. Quite a few are freebies. But not safe to use for anything, because they're not legal copies. We've seen how the music industry has gone after people who they believe have downloaded pirated music, six-figure demands for grandmas on Social Security, for example.
    You might win the fight on casual use, but you'll lose everything you own paying for the lawyers.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i've been watching Sleepy Hollow Season 2.

Ichabod's wardrobe has me weeping with longing,
    particularly for G3Male!!!
    (i'm not buying everything over againfor G8M.  would rather have the clothes for my G3M investments)

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited October 2017

It's a steep slope when considering "inspired by". For example, simple "warp nacelles"; these were virtually invented by/for Star Trek. They became ubiquitous afterward, to the point that any design I considered that had outboard engines was deemed a fan-design, or "inspired by" just about any other sci-fi production. It's one thing to produce a car model based on an existing example (there are plenty out there) and quite another to poke the Hollywood bear by producing a space ship or equipment designed by a theatrical design team. Ford may forgive (or not) but Lucasfilm? You'll find a cease-and-desist order in your hand before the computer finishes uploading the file.

I avoid specific "free-model-sites" as they are predominantly meshes ripped from games. Since I don't play computer games (and have familiiarity with the models) I have to be very careful.

On the other side of the coin, however, is the cost of producing an original piece, especially equipment and vehicles. I don't know that we would want to pay the price for a truly original mesh; and frankly, once a thousand of us bought it... original no longer applies.

Post edited by Etrigan on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Anna Velarious, not Hanna. ;) Although, in regards to 'Van Helsing', I'd much rather see something close to Aleera's luxurious dress, personally.

I've been requesting an 'evil' black dress with a high collar which has sharp edges, in teh style of that worn by Lily, in 'Legend', for ages. All the big collars for 'evil' fantasy dresses always seem to have rounded or curved edges, for some odd reason (which is particularly strange, since round curves are psychologically associated with friendliness and affection).

I've been rather disappointed that, for several Hallowe'en seasons in a row, while there are some overalls in the store, nobody has yet given us 'Ghostbusters'-style proton packs! Doesn't have to be as intricate as those in the films. Just an enclosed pack fitted on the back, with some kind of energy tool held in the hands. Wouldn't that ribbon-like stream of energy look amazingly cool in Iray? A trap which opens up and looks like it has that glowing 'doorway' of light which can draw a spectral phantom into it, too. It's such a cultural phenomenon that I would've thought someone had made something along these lines by now!

Also, more of something regarding computer games, but I've been wanting some forearm-mounted sword-length blades, like those shown in the 'Bloodrayne' games, for an absolute age. There was a costume which superficially looked a bit like hers, back in the G2F era (which, unfortunately, means it's not designed for Iray), but it didn't include the most iconic element: Those blades.

I'd honestly love for someone to create a set of hands-free weapons like this, which can be worn on the body and not held (particularly so that characters can be depicted using them and still use their hands for expressive gestures). The 'Bloodrayne' blades epitomise this, as do the wrist-blades and shoulder-mounted gun in 'Predator'. Could we have an array of different accesories like these, which could effectively be used with any costume (or naked, for creature characters)? Blades, guns, harpoons with interchangeable rope and chain attachments... Lots of ideas which could be used by safari adventurers, vampire/werewolf slayers or futuristic bounty hunters. These don't need costumes to be designed for them!

As usual, I'd hope for any of these to be compatible with Genesis 3, since it has the vast majority of relevant shaping morphs and clothing already made for it, which all of these would go fabulously with.

Etrigan said:

It's a steep slope when considering "inspired by". For example, simple "warp nacelles"; these were virtually invented by/for Star Trek. They became ubiquitous afterward, to the point that any design I considered that had outboard engines was deemed a fan-design, or "inspired by" just about any other sci-fi production. It's one thing to produce a car model based on an existing example (there are plenty out there) and quite another to poke the Hollywood bear by producing a space ship or equipment designed by a theatrical design team. Ford may forgive (or not) but Lucasfilm? You'll find a cease-and-desist order in your hand before the computer finishes uploading the file.

I avoid specific "free-model-sites" as they are predominantly meshes ripped from games. Since I don't play computer games (and have familiiarity with the models) I have to be very careful.

On the other side of the coin, however, is the cost of producing an original piece, especially equipment and vehicles. I don't know that we would want to pay the price for a truly original mesh; and frankly, once a thousand of us bought it... original no longer applies.

I doubt if a lawsuit over "Warp Nacelles" would be a winner in court, since external drives have been used since the beginning of aviation, and through most of powered Naval history as well.
    It would be difficult for anyone alive today to claim that they originated the concept.

Mmmm, when i say "inspired by" i mean different enough to avoid legal issues. Even in the simpsons sometimes they use some scenes obviously inspired by some movie, but with some changes like name and some colors to avoid theses problems.   

A good example are dinosaurs, i think in many videogames and movies they try to make Jurassic Park's dinosaurs, because people atually think that's the way a dinosaur should look alike (Even against science). Some colors here, some feathers there, but raptors always look very similar to JP's raptors. So, i don't blame them, i want JP similar look alike dinosaurs in my scenes too!  

• The Necromongers from Riddick had interesting aesthetic that could imspire some armour and props, as regards sci-fi/fantasy.

Regarding historical films, Maya and/or Aztec (and Spanish Conquistador) stuff as seen in 'Apocalypto' would be good. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Oh I would love an Ikran (banshee) not to mention a large scale Pandora environment!

Geostorm?