Daz Studio 4.5 auto fit woes

Fuzzy_TrollFuzzy_Troll Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

I am sure this has been asked before and I couldn't find it in the forums when i searched so forgive me for rehashing an old topic.
I am trying to put clothing items onto a female genesis character I an working on. Problem is that when I put anything on her the auto fit system vacuum seals it onto her i mean it looks as if its painted on even though the clothing item isn't suppose to look that way. especially around the breasts and crotch areas. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Is the problem that the clothing is too close fitting?

You can use a push modifier on the clothing. Select the clothing in the scene tab, goto Edit/Figure/Geometry/Apply Push Modifier.

In the Parameters tab you can tell it how far to push... the default is 1, I usually lower that to 0.1 and work up from there.

Of course, that's assuming I'm understanding your problem correctly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,819
    edited December 1969

The Clothing Cleavage Modifier product can help with the breasts and buttocks. Other than that the fix is to make a custom morph, possibly using the auto morph as a starting point.

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Is the problem that the clothing is too close fitting?

You can use a push modifier on the clothing. Select the clothing in the scene tab, goto Edit/Figure/Geometry/Apply Push Modifier.

In the Parameters tab you can tell it how far to push... the default is 1, I usually lower that to 0.1 and work up from there.

Of course, that's assuming I'm understanding your problem correctly.

That would be using Mesh Offset presumably?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I glanced at the "Clothing Cleavage Modifier" product http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-cleavage-modifier . I see that it's adjustable, but the screenshots don't make it look like it adjusts very far for the area underneath the breast. how "un-clingy" can it get? Also, in the description it says "This product is only meant for use UNDER clothing, and cannot be expected to work with absolutely ALL clothing, especially those with added morphs in the breast area." I really have no clue what percentage of my content library might work or not work because of that; for those of you with a lot of V3 and V4 products including older ones who have used the product or know, any vague guesses how many products this might work on? (most of them, maybe half of them, very few of them)

edited December 1969

You know, I've been wondering for some time whether I am too happy with Genesis and would be better off sticking to DS4 figures. I appreciate that this may sound like heresy but I am finding that using Genesis figures produces results that are really too stark. The faces are very "rugged" and the clothing "fit" can sometimes (quite a lot actually!) be far too clingy.

I'm afraid I rather agree with Sean, particularly with regards to the Clothing Cleavage Modifier.

I would welcome some constructive opinions.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's a novel idea, how about DAZ just adds a loose blouse fit option?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited April 2013

The Sickle Rigging and Morphing System can help with this too. It's a more complicated solution than some of the other suggestions, but the results are excellent. (Edited to add: and helpful, thorough instructions are provided)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Here's a novel idea, how about DAZ just adds a loose blouse fit option?

:lol:

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

The Sickle Rigging and Morphing System can help with this too. It's a more complicated solution than some of the other suggestions, but the results are excellent. (Edited to add: and helpful, thorough instructions are provided)

Is the sickle rigging and morphing system similar to Genx or do u need both, or is it a substitute for autofit only ? GenX is on sale today only so I have been considering my options on these products.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

Is the sickle rigging and morphing system similar to Genx or do u need both, or is it a substitute for autofit only ? GenX is on sale today only so I have been considering my options on these products.

They're two completely different tools. GenX is for converting morphs from earlier figures to Genesis morphs, SRMS is for rigging clothes.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I thought maybe they were similar as the name says rigging and morphing ....

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is the sort of thing I don't understand. The blouse tuck has been an issue with autofit since it's inception. The simple solution is to just add a loose blouse option. Yet here we are going on what 2 years later{?} and DAZ has yet to address the issue.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    This is the sort of thing I don't understand. The blouse tuck has been an issue with autofit since it's inception. The simple solution is to just add a loose blouse option. Yet here we are going on what 2 years later{?} and DAZ has yet to address the issue.

Well - the loose blouse morph could look very off depending on the size and form of the cleavage / cutout of the garments.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

A spandex morph on the base figure would be nice. I remember seeing that on gen4 or gen3.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

CyberDog said:
    A spandex morph on the base figure would be nice. I remember seeing that on gen4 or gen3.

I didn't even think about spandex morphs. I do have V3 and V4, but don't have or know a lot about GenX at the moment. Has anybody who can transfer morphs over from these characters to Genesis (if that can be done) looked into this possibility for a workaround for this issue?
  • ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

yes you can use genx to transfer the spandex morph over, works like a charm...
    the free one posted above works too.
    i just wish someone would make a long dress clone for the autofit and long hanging sleeves for either the dress option or gloves as well.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

The Genesis Morphing Fantasy Dress works well as a transfer target for long dresses. After the Transfer you use the Updated Item on your genesis figure.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

ssweete said:
    yes you can use genx to transfer the spandex morph over, works like a charm...
    the free one posted above works too.
    i just wish someone would make a long dress clone for the autofit and long hanging sleeves for either the dress option or gloves as well.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16879/
    Convert ANY V4 Long Dress to Genesis! (TUTORIAL)
    Would this help?