dForce Starter Essentials

Hmmmm....in Install Manger now. I wonder what THIS does? ;)

Laurie

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Oh my gawd....I think it IS what I think it is.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141

Looks like it - a couple of thread have been set up, here's one: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203201/daz-3d-introduces-dforce-physics-engine#latest

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816

may dforce be with you yes

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

Yup Lau it's wonderful !

promo1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 340K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I dont use the betas, so I have to wait for the official 4.10 release, sounds like it'll be great though!

Amaranth said:

Yup Lau it's wonderful !

I'm so excited! :D I can start making my own clothes again! LOL

Laurie

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

I found it in my Install Manager and I installed it. I don't know what it is, but I found something called "Bardot Outfit" with dForce logo on the thumbnail.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited October 2017
    Sorel said:

I dont use the betas, so I have to wait for the official 4.10 release, sounds like it'll be great though!

...I don't mind betas, especailly if they introduce a feature like this as they can be run concurrently with the full public release you have.

The issue I have is my work system has no Net connection or wireless capability so I cannot use the DIM.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    kyoto kid said:
    Sorel said:

...I don't mind betas, especailly if they introduce a feature like this as they can be run concurrently with the full public release you have.

The issue I have is my work system has no Net connection or wireless capability so I cannot use the DIM.

Download the beta on a system with internet and don't install it and copy the zip file to your offline system

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Is there a way to continue a simulation in a single frame from where the last simulation stopped. Every time I hit simulate, it clears the first simulation and starts all over again.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017
    Quasar said:

Is there a way to continue a simulation in a single frame from where the last simulation stopped. Every time I hit simulate, it clears the first simulation and starts all over again.

Use the main thread. You have a better chance to get your question answered there. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203201/daz-3d-introduces-dforce-physics-engine#latest

Ach ja: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    th3Digit said:

may dforce be with you yes

“Remember…the DForce will be with you, always young Jedi

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    Quasar said:

No,  the simulation will always start back at beginning.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Try simulating with the timeline and add more frames before you start, Quasar..  if you have 60 frames and your final pose is at 30 it'll have those extra 30 frames to settle.

• Fisty said:

Try simulating with the timeline and add more frames before you start, Quasar..  if you have 60 frames and your final pose is at 30 it'll have those extra 30 frames to settle.

Or use the Initialisation time in Simulation Settings - I found 2 seconds worked for the sheet drape when I did the obvious figure-under-a-shroud-sitting-up sequence.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Yow!  Just caught this in my install file.  Hubba hubba! 

Cybersox said:

Yow!  Just caught this in my install file.  Hubba hubba! 

You're in for a treat. Might wanna read all the threads on it first tho. LOL

Laurie

Thanks for the tips Fisty and Richard!

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

I've been reading the other thread (stickied one) and even though I'm a few pages in, I still can't quite determine if this is just for animation or is it also for stills?

Stryder87 said:

I've been reading the other thread (stickied one) and even though I'm a few pages in, I still can't quite determine if this is just for animation or is it also for stills?

Both

• MadaMada Posts: 1,868

Closer to the end it shows animation :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Stryder87 said:

It is for both. From what I've been reading, you may have more control over the final result if you use animation to apply the draping. Then you can choose where on the timeline you like the effect best.

edited October 2017

It's for both. Clothing will look much more natural in stills.

Post edited by Quasar on
  • IllriggerIllrigger Posts: 12
    edited October 2017

Hair simulation works really well. Clothing not as much except for blowing skirts, but it works. The issue I have been having is getting the ends of hair objects to not be in contact with any portion of any other object - doing so will cause it to "stick" there and not be affected by wind or gravity (note the back strands in my example render, they are "stuck" in the jacket and hence were not moved by the wind). Even so, a fairly quick test has given me some very impressive results - I love how it is able to "blow" hair across her neck in a very realistic manner.

dForce Test 1.png
    1646 x 881 - 2M
    Post edited by Illrigger on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Illrigger said:

Hair simulation works really well. Clothing not as much except for blowing skirts, but it works. The issue I have been having is getting the ends of hair objects to not be in contact with any portion of any other object - doing so will cause it to "stick" there and not be affected by wind or gravity (note the back strands in my example render, they are "stuck" in the jacket and hence were not moved by the wind). Even so, a fairly quick test has given me some very impressive results - I love how it is able to "blow" hair across her neck in a very realistic manner.

Considering Daz said it is currently only for clothing, that's pretty good. Perhaps it isn't for hair, yet, because they are working on the "sticky" issue when hair intersects other items in the scene. Have you tried it with the clothing hidden? If something is hidden, dForce doesn't consider it a collider. You could even try hiding parts of her body... Just brainstorming here. I have no idea if hiding her Upper Chest, for example, would work, let along if it would help.

• Hair simulation works really well. Clothing not as much except for blowing skirts, but it works. The issue I have been having is getting the ends of hair objects to not be in contact with any portion of any other object - doing so will cause it to "stick" there and not be affected by wind or gravity. Even so, a fairly quick test has given me some very impressive results.

L'Adair said:
    Illrigger said:

Considering Daz said it is currently only for clothing, that's pretty good. Perhaps it isn't for hair, yet, because they are working on the "sticky" issue when hair intersects other items in the scene. Have you tried it with the clothing hidden? If something is hidden, dForce doesn't consider it a collider. You could even try hiding parts of her body... Just brainstorming here. I have no idea if hiding her Upper Chest, for example, would work, let along if it would help.

Good idea - I will give it a shot on my next test. After watching the tutorial <gasp!>, it looks like I missed a few pointers that I could try to make it work better as well. Overall, given that I am just applying dForce pointers to existing hair objects, I am really impressed with how well it works. You DO need to use hair that has a lot of individual elements, the more the better, but once you let it generate the D-Formers, it just works.

• Wow I found this in my install manager this morning. I’m soooo excited to try it. Which figures are able to use this?  Thanks. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2018

@ANenaStudios "Wow I found this in my install manager this morning. I’m soooo excited to try it. Which figures are able to use this?  Thanks. "

dForce is (currently) intended to be used on clothing. With limited exceptions "dForce Ready" clothing is for Genesis 8. However many people have successfuly applied dForce to older clothing products. Be aware that applying dForce is not a "double click and forget" evolution.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203201/daz-3d-introduces-dforce-physics-engine#latest

Post edited by fastbike1 on