Genesis evolution morphs disappeared after Studio 4.5 upgrade

otakuotaku Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

All my Genesis Evolution morphs have disappeared after installing Studio 4.5. I can't even reinstall them. I upgraded to 4.5 to install super suit and realized all the evolution morphs had disappeared in the shaping tab. I have installed the latest versions of Studio 4.5 (including revision 2) and the latest evolution morphs ( 1.3 and 1.4) Even Uninstalled Studio completely and reinstalled from scratch with no luck. When I look in the in the library everything is there it's just not showing up in the shapes tab for use.

Running Daz Studio 4.5.0.49 on a Mac running IOS 10.7.4

Everything was fine before 4.5 install so I'm confused. Also haven't seen any other mac user post similar issue.

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

As far as I recall this is due to the "Evolution Morphs" not setting certain region information, which makes them now disappear in the "Shaping" tab in the latest 4.5 RC versions. The morphs should still be available via the "Parameters" tab. The respective products need to be updated - which didn't happen yet as far as I know..

• otakuotaku Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep they're there thanks. Daz is really screwing up lately, this is a major package for genesis character creation releasing an upgrade that screws these up is a real misstep. Hope they get the update out soon. Wonder how many other products are effected that I haven't noticed.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

otaku said:
    Yep they're there thanks. Daz is really screwing up lately, this is a major package for genesis character creation releasing an upgrade that screws these up is a real misstep. Hope they get the update out soon. Wonder how many other products are effected that I haven't noticed.

All of them actually. If you've been reading around the topics that complains about the Candidates, you'd hear about the "Duplicate IDs" errors that people were getting from earlier installed Genesis content. Fortunately however, Richard already a script that takes care of that for us so we don't have to go back and reset all of our Order Histories. :-)
    edited December 1969

So is this script already available? If so where do I find it? If not whens it expected to be released?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

otaku said:
    So is this script already available? If so where do I find it? If not whens it expected to be released?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

edited December 1969

That doesn't seem to be the problem, or I didn't run the script right. I never got the duplicate ID error. But it's possible that i ran the script wrong but when I ran it it gave me an error on all the evolution .dsf files and they still aren't appearing so not sure what's going on. Definately not a happy customer. Been away from the program for many years and was drawn back by genesis butafter this and the fact that I haven't heard anything from customer service about my problem after 4 days I'm second guessing my return.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

otaku said:

As noted, the morphs are available through the Parameters pane. While having to switch work flows is certainly a serious bug, it doesn't stop the products from being used.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

otaku said:

As noted, the morphs are available through the Parameters pane. While having to switch work flows is certainly a serious bug, it doesn't stop the products from being used.
    So this wasn't on purpose? Good. Because I still find myself going to my Shaping Tab for Evolutionary Morphs... >_>