960 x 540 - 101K
yokay.jpg
800 x 450 - 195K
smreskill2.jpg
800 x 800 - 91K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Heh. Now to break it for a 'Man From Utopia' cover....

Btw, I discovered an interesting factoid about Zappa recently. Apparently Jimi Hendrix's first sight of a wah-wah pedal was when he went to see Zappa in concert. He was so taken with it, that he went backstage afterwards to ask Frank what it was. Then he rushed out and bought one, and the rest is history...

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2017

i think i'll add little toggle switch props so people can make it closer to the 'baby snakes'

oops now that i see it the guitar body isnt as symmetrical as i made it

well maybe some fakeness to my guitar is a plus ! ( uh hum )

bah i'll make a version 2 someday ... too many changes are needed to make it babysnaky ( ex harder edges on the body )

Image result for zappa snake

maclean said:

Btw, I discovered an interesting factoid about Zappa recently. Apparently Jimi Hendrix's first sight of a wah-wah pedal was when he went to see Zappa in concert. He was so taken with it, that he went backstage afterwards to ask Frank what it was. Then he rushed out and bought one, and the rest is history...

i had planned to work on my kinect project this weekend but spent it mostly on the guitar 

later that day at Zappa Beach

maclean said:

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited October 2017
    mCasual said:

i had planned to work on my kinect project this weekend but spent it mostly on the guitar 

later that day at Zappa Beach

maclean said:

Now that thar is truly a funny thing you done did.

Nice guitar(s), BTW - beautifully done - tapped out from PA sale, and usually press donate when I use freebies, but this kind of work warrants encouragement - hell, all of your work does...

I encourage others to join me in providing at least some beer money for these fine gifts asap.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
    edited October 2017

location location location

location.jpg
    800 x 657 - 99K
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Oh wow, I LOVE this! I played a Gibson SG back in high school, picked it up for a couple hundred bucks from some old hippie who opened a music shop and told me it was a 1968. Not especially valuable and in really poor condition. But it was a genuine Gibson so that made me high school guitar royalty.

Years later after I sold it I found out it was really a valuable 1961 model. Again, AFTER I sold it.   Sigh.  I can't find one online for less than $5,000 now. But thanks to you I finally have a replacement! Sweet!