newbie here needing a bit of help

x3rigenx3rigen Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I installed everything but the genesis starter essentials is not working properly, I can't get anything to load on the figure... it keeps saying "read log file" when I try to drag, right click, double click etc. on the item... it shows up just fine and I was able to find it but it won't transfer and it's driving me nuts!!! =X

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Take a deep breathe and lets start slow with some more info needed.

What exactly are you trying to use? Genesis I will presume but what items won't load?

Is what you are trying to load a Material or indeed a mesh object?

Also if you go to Help (top menu bar) > Troubleshooting > View Log File and see what the warning is amoung the many lines of test. If you find a warning you can copy and past it here. Forget about this warning:

WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
  • x3rigenx3rigen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i'm using a Wacom Cintiq 22hd which I doubt affects the software drag and drop... here's a screenshot of the log which doesn't really explain much and the pathing... as you can see, when I try to apply the red to the ribbon, nothing happens. the product is properly registered and everything, content manager service is running as well... have tried reinstalling 3x already ugh =X

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo36/Cruel_R/daznotworking.jpg

edited December 1969

I just tested it in DS4.5.1.56 using the same hair and instead of Drag and Drop can you do the equivalent, on your tablet, of a mouse double left button click while the hair is selected or the equivalent of a mouse right click as shown below and choose “Merge into scene”.

Sallymae.jpg
    1131 x 1007 - 487K
    edited December 1969

still won't work at all, I don't understand... I'm gonna try and uninstall everything this time around... what order should I install things? sorry for all the questions, really like this software and plan on purchasing a bunch of the models for it to help with my artwork.

edited December 1969

after a fresh reinstall... still can't get things to load from the genesis essentials, here's the log for it

Loading Startup Scene : C:\Users\ZankokuX\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis\Clothing\Journeyer Scout\Materials\03_Vest.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    DEBUG: End DAZ Studio to Hexagon Bridge log...
    --------------- DAZ Studio 4.5.1.56 exited ------------------
    ~
    File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: JS Armband.duf
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: FBMBasicFemale.dsf
    Loaded file: Katana-InHand.duf
    Loaded file: 03-Leggins-DS_DC.duf
    Loaded file: 03-Leggins-DS_DC.duf
    Loaded file: 03-Jacket-DS_DC.duf
    Loaded file: !Royal Sash.duf
    Loaded file: !Royal Pants.duf
    Loaded file: 01_Vest.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    *** Scene Cleared ***

edited December 1969

Have you tried a normal mouse? Tablet have been know to throw a spanner in the works with many types of software. I have no idea what is happening. Your Content seems to be installed correctly.

edited December 1969

x3rigen said:
    still won't work at all, I don't understand... I'm gonna try and uninstall everything this time around... what order should I install things? sorry for all the questions, really like this software and plan on purchasing a bunch of the models for it to help with my artwork.
    Hey don't owrry about that is what us volubteers are here for. There are many Community Volunteers that have a better knowledge than me that might have some ideas to what is happening. Just give them time. :)
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    x3rigen said:
    Hey don't owrry about that is what us volubteers are here for. There are many Community Volunteers that have a better knowledge than me that might have some ideas to what is happening. Just give them time. :)

zomg I figured it out... thanks so much for your help though, can't believe it's so simple that it was literally at the center of my view! LOL XD gotta have the surface selection tool activated to edit those things!~

now everything is working perfectly, this thing is so amazing... I just wished I discovered it sooner though ugh, better late than never I guess haha

edited December 1969

Nice, good news. yeah it grabbed me the same way and 4 years on I still love it.