[Released] Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 8 Female (Windows Only)

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

Word Tattoo allows you to quickly create custom Word Tattoos for your Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 8 Female characters!  Type in your tattoo message, set a few options, and Word Tattoo automatically creates a layered image and applies it to the correct Iray® or 3Delight materials and color channels!  Word Tattoo is extremely customizable allowing you to specify the location and orientation, font and font styles, opacity and crispness of your tattoos. 

For Finger Tattoos (or fingernails or toes), Word Tattoo automatically aligns the text so that each character is placed on a separate finger in the correct location and orientation.

Word Tattoo does not support wrapping your tattoos around the textures so you must avoid the edges of the materials in order to see the complete word tattoo.

Compatible with Assembly Line Pose Automation Kit by RiverSoft Art.  However, only single line word tattoos can be created in an Assembly Line.

For Iray® and 3Delight 

For Windows Only

Features

• Easily create custom Word Tattoos on any Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 8 Female material
  • Specify exact position and orientation of your Word Tattoos
  • Easily apply custom Word Tattoos to the fingers, fingernails, and toes
  • Create single line or multiline tattoos with left, center, and right justification and custom line spacing
  • Use Latin and non-Latin alphabets such as Cyrillic and Greek (Japanese and Chinese alphabets are not supported)
  • Uses all Fonts available on your system
  • Change Fonts, Font Sizes, Colors, and Styles (bold, italic, and underline)
  • Change the opacity and crispness to give a faded look to your custom word tattoos
  • Supports Iray® and 3Delight materials
  • For Windows Only
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 313K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 300K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 282K
popup_3.jpg
2100 x 2275 - 993K
popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 268K
popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 588K
popup_6.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 737K
popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 243K
popup_8.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 315K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Looks fun! Another insta-buy yes

• Thanks, I hope so smiley

• Oh this looks like fun!

• Thanks IceDragonArt!  I had fun with it.  The promos were fun to make.  This was one of the cases where I had a vision of the main promo, from even before I started the project, and it came out even better than I hoped.  

• So, I got this item. Every time I try to open it, I get the error "Could not start Word Tattoo. Please check your installation." The log file doesn't help. Says it's loading the script and the next line is saying script is executed successfully. I'm assuming it's completing when I click OK on the popup error box.  Any Ideas?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited October 2017
    Naz said:

So, I got this item. Every time I try to open it, I get the error "Could not start Word Tattoo. Please check your installation." The log file doesn't help. Says it's loading the script and the next line is saying script is executed successfully. I'm assuming it's completing when I click OK on the popup error box.  Any Ideas?

First, you are on Windows correct?  This message occurs when it cannot start the helper executable that actually creates the word tattoos.

• So, does this mean I might not be able to use it in Linux even if I have DS for Windows working in Linux through Wine or does it mean I just need to have DS think it's working in Windows?  Also, is there going to be a version for the males?  If not, is it possible that this might work on the males with some fiddling?

edited October 2017

So, does this mean I might not be able to use it in Linux even if I have DS for Windows working in Linux through Wine or does it mean I just need to have DS think it's working in Windows?  Also, is there going to be a version for the males?  If not, is it possible that this might work on the males with some fiddling?

I am not sure.  I wrote a Win32 helper executable.  The WTConstants.dsa file gives the location of this file (located in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common).  How that would look under Wine I have no idea.

There should be a version for the males before the end of the year, unless Word Tattoo completely bombs saleswise (then Daz won't be interested).

• Naz_474603Naz_474603 Posts: 7
    edited October 2017

Yes, I am on windows 7.

I actually got something different this time when I checked the log file:

2017-10-11 10:10:49.867 Loading script: Z:/New Daz/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Word Tattoo/Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s).dse
    2017-10-11 10:10:50.102 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2017-10-11 10:11:28.590 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2017-10-11 10:11:42.820 Script executed successfully: Z:/New Daz/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Word Tattoo/Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s).dse

Error.jpg
    1053 x 705 - 98K
    Post edited by Naz_474603 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,562

I hope there will be a male version...

• Ok..I found the problem. My anti virus (Avast) was preventing the the .exe file from opening. Everything is all good now.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Ah, that may be my problem: when I try to run it, nothing happens. I will see what Norton is doing.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

This is going to be excellent for promotional uses. Should be experimenting with it, this evening.

• Naz said:

Ok..I found the problem. My anti virus (Avast) was preventing the the .exe file from opening. Everything is all good now.

Excellent!  I am glad you caught this and shared with the rest of us.  Antivirus can definitely be a problem for this product.  You need to notify the Antivirus software to allow the helper executable to run.

• I hope there will be a male version...

It looks like there will be a male version.  Sales are looking just good enough to justify it.

• This is going to be excellent for promotional uses. Should be experimenting with it, this evening.

Great!  I look forward to your comments about it!

• So, does this mean I might not be able to use it in Linux even if I have DS for Windows working in Linux through Wine or does it mean I just need to have DS think it's working in Windows?  Also, is there going to be a version for the males?  If not, is it possible that this might work on the males with some fiddling?

I am not sure.  I wrote a Win32 helper executable.  The WTConstants.dsa file gives the location of this file (located in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common).  How that would look under Wine I have no idea.

There should be a version for the males before the end of the year, unless Word Tattoo completely bombs saleswise (then Daz won't be interested).

I'm not sure either.  I'll have to play with it when I get it then to see if I can get it to work.  I haven't had a problem getting scripts to work in DS while in Linux yet so I should be able to get this on working, too. 

I'm not sure either.  I'll have to play with it when I get it then to see if I can get it to work.  I haven't had a problem getting scripts to work in DS while in Linux yet so I should be able to get this on working, too. 

Please let me know, whether good or bad, so it can be passed on to others.  

• veenveen Posts: 132
    edited October 2017

Yes male version is more than welcome, there are to much female only items in the Daz store.

let me also be the firts who cant get this to work properly.

I have a genesis 3 female loaded in front  of a camera, save a PNG with basic text. but i can not see the body part that i whanted the tattoo needs to be placed.

i got failed to load image and told my AV to skip that exe file

any help is welcom.

Screenshot.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 305K
    Post edited by veen on
  • I have exact the same problem. I cannot see any preview and I get the messages "failed to lad image". Can please somebody help?

edited October 2017
    veen said:

Yes male version is more than welcome, there are to much female only items in the Daz store.

I have a genesis 3 female loaded in front  of a camera, save a PNG with basic text. but i can not see the body part that i whanted the tattoo needs to be placed.

any help is welcom.

I have exact the same problem. I cannot see any preview and I get the messages "failed to lad image". Can please somebody help?

I am sorry you are both having a problem.  That blocky/blurry symbol usually is a symptom that the surface preview image file is bad or the tattoo generated by the helper executable is. 

One thing that can occur is that the Daz Temp directory (which Word Tattoo uses a LOT for previews) may get full or corrupted somehow.  Emptying the top-level of the temp directory of files (you don't need to delete sub-directories) and restarting Daz Studio can help.  The temp directory is usually at C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

If that doesn't work, could I see your logs?  If you look in that temp directory, you will see a d##.svg, followed by 2 d##.png files (one for the tattoo, one for the preview skin).  Are you able to view in Windows either of those files or are they corrupted?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Cool looking product, off to check it out.

• Cool looking product, off to check it out.

Great!  Let us know what you think!

edited October 2017
    veen said:

any help is welcom.

I have exact the same problem. I cannot see any preview and I get the messages "failed to lad image". Can please somebody help?

I am sorry you are both having a problem.  That blocky/blurry symbol usually is a symptom that the surface preview image file is bad or the tattoo generated by the helper executable is. 

One thing that can occur is that the Daz Temp directory (which Word Tattoo uses a LOT for previews) may get full or corrupted somehow.  Emptying the top-level of the temp directory of files (you don't need to delete sub-directories) and restarting Daz Studio can help.  The temp directory is usually at C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

If that doesn't work, could I see your logs?  If you look in that temp directory, you will see a d##.svg, followed by 2 d##.png files (one for the tattoo, one for the preview skin).  Are you able to view in Windows either of those files or are they corrupted?

this is what i have in my temp folder

here is my log file: https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/1n7r

password 123

i also discovered that the text is not saved and that couses the load error

Screenshot.jpg
    1331 x 502 - 101K
    Post edited by veen on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

It looks great! Is there a way I can tweak this to work with older generations, like G2 or G1? If not, that is okay, I'll just use the "good ol' manual way".

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    edited October 2017

Have the same issue with no preview, cleared the temp folder restarted Daz but still the same issue. Just to try did I ad an text line blindly to the torso, instead of the text line I got a big mouth and eybrows across the torso and Daz became very unresponsive. 

Test tatoo.png
    972 x 685 - 518K
    Post edited by mats76 on
  • veen said:
    veen said:

any help is welcom.

this is what i have in my temp folder

here is my log file: https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/1n7r

password 123

i also discovered that the text is not saved and that couses the load error

This is helpful.  The text file (in this case d5.txt) should contain a list of the fonts on your system.  If that is so, then it means that the script is finding and talking to the helper program Win32GenerateTattoo.exe, which creates the d5.txt file on request of the script.  There is a missing file (probably d3.png or d6.png) which is the actual tattoo file (an image file with just the words in it) that should have been generated by the helper program for the preview.

I am going to create a special version of the script with lots of debug statements.  Could you PM me with your email address so that I can send you the script?

• BeeMKay said:

It looks great! Is there a way I can tweak this to work with older generations, like G2 or G1? If not, that is okay, I'll just use the "good ol' manual way".

Thank goodness it works for you!  No, it can't be used with G2 and G1 at this time.  Though I might provide an update in the future for G2 and G1.

• mats76 said:

Have the same issue with no preview, cleared the temp folder restarted Daz but still the same issue. Just to try did I ad an text line blindly to the torso, instead of the text line I got a big mouth and eybrows across the torso and Daz became very unresponsive. 

If the Preview image looks like that blocky/blurry circle, it won't work to generate the Tattoo itself.  

Can you PM me your email address so I can send you a debug version of the script?

PM send