64 bit for MacOS

I love Bryce, it is my goto application for things that only it can really do.

Having moved away from Windows and PC's as much as I can, I am now using (enjoying!) a Mac with MacOS Sierra v10.12.6.

Think is, it only appears to support 64 bit applications and sadly, Bryce is 32 bit.

It would be great if the 64 bit version could be created!  Even if it doesn't change at all...

I hope that this is in the popeline...

Anyone here want to be able to use it on Mac?

Comments

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited September 2017
    @ Lost Alien : Even if I'm a pc user, I think both worlds, pc and mac users would love to know that bryce is in a new development cycle. We must trust in miracle and maybe one day this miracle will happen.. or not..
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,110

Lost Alien - Bryce going 64 bit is on top of my wishlist but I fear it will stay 32 for a very long time. Remember Bryce will not work on a Mac above OS 10.6.

• Sierra runs 32-bit apps, and so will High Sierra (HS) due out Sept 25. But HS will be the last mac os to do so (http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/which-apps-wont-work-in-macos-high-sierra-3664177/?amp). I know it is much water under the bridge, but if all Mac os's up till now run 32-bit apps why not Bryce. Has anyone tried editing conf files or general hacking to get it working? I'm sure they have...
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

I'm on a 64-bit Mac running OS 10.6.8 and 32-bit Bryce 7 works fine on my setup.

• It works fine on my setup, too (64- bit OS 10.6.8 [Snow Leopard]). Snow Leopard is the last Mac OS that contains Rosetta (which is required to run legacy PowerPC code). I bet Bryce had some PowerPC code in it, and that is why 10.6.8 is the last Mac OS able to run Bryce.