Install Manager - Uninstalling Old Things?

OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am trying to migrate my content to the Install Manager (which uses a different default directory from the previous installer default). The 'obvious' approach is to run an uninstaller, then use the DIM to reinstall the product. But this fails to persuade the content database: the pointers to individual files in 'Smart Content' point to the old locations, which no longer exist. So far, the only way I have found to update the content database is to reset and then re-import the entire installed collection.

Is there a more effective way to accomplish this?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,867
    edited December 1969

DIM should add the stuff it installs to the CMS, and if you didn't move the files around (and if they haven't been changed by an update) then the fact that they are in a different content directory shouldn't matter as the CMS uses only the relative path within the content directory.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

It seems to me that the problem is that the uninstaller does not persuade the CMS to forget about the old location. Newly-ordered products do indeed get seen by the CMS.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Content Library > options menu > Content DB Maintenance > Remove Orphaned File References