Carrara 8.5 on new machine

I installed Carrara 8.5 on a new machine. I noticed when I create a new scene that the wizard and the presets are greyed out. I went and looked to see what I was missing and I saw there was some native content for 8.5 and 8 included in the bundle that I purchased a long time ago. I think the 8.5 just includes some skin shaders. The 8 native content included scenes and presets, so I figured that was what was missing. But I'm not sure where to put the files. There is a zip file and and exe. I tried running the installer, but it said that Carrara wasn't found at the location and the content might not work, so then I was going to use the zip file but I'm not sure where to put the files.

Do I have to install version 8 first? It looked like the native content installer for 8 was looking in the Daz 3d x86 folder, but I only installed the 64 bit version of Carrara 8.5

Thanks.

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited September 2017

Hi Kevin,  I have my C8 Native Content exe file in the same folder as the application for Carrara 8.5 exe. I manually downloaded it (the exe file) to the main Carrara folder when I got my new machine as well. I am on windows 7 and using a Local E drive for all my Carrara, DS and the product files, too, which is where I chose it to install when I ran it. All working tickety-boo!

smiley Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Thanks, Silene

I have it working now.