My animations

ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
edited September 2017 in Art Studio

Just wanted to show to everyone my new animation channel on Vimeo (YouTube got pretty troublesome lately)
How they look?

The Stone

Promo Video

Post edited by Imago on

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Nice work. I really enjoyed the story :)

I could tell you some horror stories about the thing that I gone through on YouTube , But I'm not allowed to discuss it on the Daz forum  So I will tell you, all I know is free speech is not so free anymore.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Thanks for the feedback, Ivy! smiley

And, yes, you are right... This is why I moved to Vimeo.

• SandyCSandyC Posts: 8
    edited September 2017

Both of your videos were really nice. I am doing animation as well and don't find many that I am really impressed with. Are you doing your lipsyncing in DAZ? I know it can be challenging, but I use DAZ for lipsync and it's very doable.

I especially liked your characters in The Stone. I liked their expressions. I also liked the sweat on the young man. Very nice! I will look for more of your work.

If you would like to see mine, I also have a Vimeo channel. I just posted my latest animation. https://vimeo.com/sandyc/jacobsladder  I have others on my channel at SandyC,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited September 2017
    SandyC said:

Both of your videos were really nice. I am doing animation as well and don't find many that I am really impressed with. Are you doing your lipsyncing in DAZ? I know it can be challenging, but I use DAZ for lipsync and it's very doable.

I especially liked your characters in The Stone. I liked their expressions. I also liked the sweat on the young man. Very nice! I will look for more of your work.

If you would like to see mine, I also have a Vimeo channel. I just posted my latest animation. https://vimeo.com/sandyc/jacobsladder  I have others on my channel at SandyC,

Nice start to a collection of animations Sandy in your description on Jacbos ladder that was a touching story of your sister. ,  was that you play the music?  :)  your animations show some good talent, I think as you go along learning more about lighting & how to add more movements for full body motions to your characters, they will improve much more,  it just takes time learning this stuff . 

I don't understand why you never seen animations that impressed you on the daz forums? there are lots of good animations done using daz that get posted to the forums ... But I see you only been a member a year so maybe you missed them,  they do tend to get buried quickly in these fast moving threads.

This is not my thread so I won't post my works on here.  But  I have over 81 full story full motion animations published and about 2000 test animations i never posted, because the internet is already clog  enough with Daz test animations..lol.  So I don;t need to show the test ones just the completed ones.   It does take time to build a good library of content and tools that is for sure, I've been doing it for 8 years .. I use to use lipsync alot .  But now days I found I can do a much better job, just hand keyframing  the mouth movements myself, I do still use lipsync sometimes  But the  lipsyncs DMC sometimes misses  proper mouth movements IMO so I'll have to fix it by hand in the end anyway. . & now days I pretty much do all my animations by hand keyframe motions anyway .

I look forward to see more from you in the future :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Thanks, Sandy! smiley

Your animations looks nice too, especially the tall grass part. Do you work in Poser?

About the lips sync, yes I do it in DAZ.

The 98% of what you see in my animations are done in DAZ Studio.

• Imago I have never used Poser. I use Anime Pro for some things. I would like to find a more fluid way to do animations, but I don't want to buy an expensive software. I know it takes a lot of work and I'm retired so I have lots of time. I'm not as concerned with the perfection of the animation and lighting as I am telling a story. I do my compositing in After Effects. It's easier than trying to evaluate an entire scene when you can't see it all in realtime.