Install Manager - Purchase Not Showing Up

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just purchased 5 things from DAZ including the 2 Gothiquesque for the Haunted Mansion expansions.

When I go to the DAZ Install manager (which I've been trying for a few days), I see all my other purchases, but not those 2.

I've tried searching, rearranging by date, and checking the name.

They're just not showing up. And, yes, I've "displayed hidden," too.

Anyone have any idea where they are and why they're not viewable/downloadable?

It would be nice to be able to use them.

- Steve

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

When DAZ started converting items so that they could be downloaded and installed via Install Manager, they started with the newests. They do not have all items converted yet and that´s why older items do not show in Download Manager yet. The two you mentioned belong among the older ones, so they don´t show in DIM. You have to download them the usual way.

• edited December 1969

Well, I never would have guessed that.

Hopefully, that's not the case with too many of the 1300 or so items I've bought -- especially recently bought ones (I was counting on the DL Manager to help keep track of those I'd missed downloading).

Thanks for the answer!

And DAZ (if you're listening), the DL Manager could use a column displaying the Date Purchased -- so you don't have to hover over an item to see when you bought it. Thanks!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It's not how long ago you bought it, it's how long ago it was created and put into the store product list.

• edited December 1969

Right. I get that. But today, for instance, I apparently bought something that was put together long enough that it wasn't in the Manager.

Of course, I noticed it immediately, as I wanted to use it today.

But if I bought something last month, or months before, and I haven't downloaded it (and I've fallen behind in that since DAZ changed their system last year; I had my own system that worked under that system, but not so well under the new one), I was _counting_ on the manager being able to find it (by date) and download it.

So I could catch up on things I'd accidentally missed before they scrolled off my DL page. (Before, I could hunt them down on that page by date.)

Except if older products aren't in the system, that screws up my plan. (Which got screwed up when the store/account programming changed.)

Get it?

Plus, I have no way of knowing what's missing aside from trying to cross index what I've bought with what the manager says I can download.

Yeah, I know, it'd all be so easy if I just downloaded things when I bought them -- but I often don't; I'm often on another computer than the one I use for rendering.

The old system accommodated that. (As do the systems on other vendor sites.)

DAZ used to accommodate that -- but now they don't, and people had been saying the DL Manger would fix that.

And, to some extent, it has. Except when it doesn't. (And you have no way of knowing when that is.)

Come to think of it... A little note in the DL Manger that lists the file and says "This file cannot be downloaded with DL Manager" would fix the issue entirely.

But ... Ah, now we're back into programming again. (And we all know how that's worked during the last year or so.)

-- SDS

It's not how long ago you bought it, it's how long ago it was created and put into the store product list.
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

They are still converting the items. Ultiimately, all items will be available to download through DIM. I believe that the older items should simply appear in DIM once DAZ converts them. Hopefully they are planing to finish the converting sometime in the near future and not "DAZ Soon".

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

There are some items no so old that haven't been processed yet. Some have come in, some not. They are aware of many of them and I stopped reporting. There was a period there when I'd get a couple hundred items a day of the backlog. Not much in the last couple of weeks though.

I'm still going through some folders on my hd with .exes not installed on this machine and finding several items missing but they're pretty much all older. And there are several I simply cannot identify (unless I actually run the exe's and I'll only do that as a last resort).