Sci Fi Sale

cimairacimaira Posts: 0
edited April 2013 in The Commons

I received the email about the SciFi sale, saw the notice for 40% off AntFarm, went to his store to shop... nothing shows 40% off. Is this one of those sales where I have to purchase something else to get the discount?
I can't really tell from the sales page. One time I read it and it seems to be a standard sale, then I look again, and it seems like I must purchase one of the three items above it, on the Hot Promotions page.

So a little clarity is needed here please :)

Post edited by cimaira on

Comments

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

I dropped DAZ aline to look into this. I hope we will all know soon. Thanks for the heads up.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks AntFarm & you're welcome :)

edited April 2013

And I do have the answer. They will show up in the cart, as long as it's Sci-Fi it's on sale. Just check your total before you push button and you should be set. Of course if you push the wrong button you will erase all time. no pressure.

Over View of sale: http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/

AntFarm Sci-Fi Items on sale: http://www.daz3d.com/the-antfarm-scifi-products/

Please share Renders my eyes are hungry. ; )

Post edited by AntMan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited April 2013

...ahh, never mind turns out the discount for Bot Genesis is another one of those "You get the discount if..." BOGO-like thing.

However all AntFarm's items are still 40% which is a very good thing.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

And I do have the answer. They will show up in the cart, as long as it's Sci-Fi it's on sale. Just check your total before you push button and you should be set. Of course if you push the wrong button you will erase all time. no pressure.

No time to render, but I got your two new sets this morning, thanks! Love 10TMech and Magno Strider.

Double Release Antfarm Days are the best days!

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

Thanks for taking care of that AntFarm! I would have been back sooner, but my ebot seems to be broken, I had to come back and manually check the forum. lol

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

On the other hand, I should buy STOCK in your store. Just bought all your Never sets, and of course I'm the one with the Kudie Bug thread pushing your cuties- I just bought the Bog Flea, the bug ride thing and texture set, have the Rusty Bottom dude, Glitch, etc. About 20 things I think. Love your creations, you rock! :) When I continue my series (see signature, Babies First Bug) my Kaetl character and dragons will be visiting the Never sets. Will let you know. I have to get them out of the forest first, lol.
    Cathie

edited April 2013

...that''s it we need, the "E Bot".

...and thank you very much for the Flamethower option on 10T.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Here's a train I have on a back burner, A bit sci-Fi but not hovering still using tracks.
    Not sure if folks are into trains here.

SFTrain.jpg
    692 x 1000 - 383K
    edited December 1969

...that would make a great post apocalyptic road train.

edited December 1969

It's funny have you ever noticed that in Sci-Fi the future is never full of rainbows and endless sunny days. Wait I didn't mean the kind where the Earth spins so only 1/2 is day light all the time do to over mining of the Earth's core.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited April 2013

It's funny have you ever noticed that in Sci-Fi the future is never full of rainbows and endless sunny days. Wait I didn't mean the kind where the Earth spins so only 1/2 is day light all the time do to over mining of the Earth's core.

I remember Larry Niven' discussing the future history of his books and how they all fit together in the same chronology, and his timeline included a final era where everything was pretty much perfect... The thing was, he only wrote one short story in that era because it was just boring without some kind of conflict.

So, I don't think it's so much that things are always perfect, but that writers and filmmakers tend to focus on areas where there's going to be potential trouble to play with. With artists, though, i think there's more range as they can just offer vignettes.. For example, I'd say the works of Syd Mead and Robert McCall are generally pretty upbeat.

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

I agree. I loved the line in the Matrix where the the agent tells Morpheus the happy world the machines tried to provide was a disaster. Seems right. My favorite show, The Walking Dead.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Your trains? Absolutely.

Here's a train I have on a back burner, A bit sci-Fi but not hovering still using tracks.
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Yes! Yes! Yes! Please give us! Not everything in the future will be armed SUV's or Air Cars! We need trains too!

And, oh, please make us a Robot Hobo to live by the tracks! and a way for those who wish to hitch a ride to do so.

(I had a friend who with her sister when they were very young, sneaked aboard a freighter in New Haven to go to New York to catch a baseball game at Ebbet's Field in Brooklyn.)

edited December 1969

At our local train yard they had German shepherds and we always were to scared. But it did make playing army cool. Very Von Ryan's Express.

edited April 2013

I agree. I loved the line in the Matrix where the the agent tells Morpheus the happy world the machines tried to provide was a disaster. Seems right. My favorite show, The Walking Dead.

yep, my favorite show too! I am so sad I have to wait for October for new shows! :(

forgot to say... That train looks fantastic!

Post edited by cimaira on