FaceShop 8 WIN help plz

MaqeuriousMaqeurious Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So, I'm pretty new with this whole 3d model thing, but I bought, impulsively I might add, Faceshop 8 yesterday. I followed the instructions on how to install it into DazStudio 4.5 and even went in to the folders to make sure the right files etc were where they were supposed to be. They were. So I followed along with the video on how to use it, and I can't seem to get it to work.

It says to make sure the plugin was installed, so i checked in the usual place (Help-About Installed Plugins) and it wasn't there. I also checked under the Edit menu where it shows up in the video, and it's not there either.

I can run the program as a stand alone application, but can't get it to work with Daz.

What am I doing wrong?? Or have I made yet another bad call my daddy would be be proud of ><</p>

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

So you ran the installer, not just a content installation with the DAZ Install Manager? Is there a file (.dll on WIndows, .dylib on Mac) in the Plugins folder in the actual DAZ Studio application folder?

• MaqeuriousMaqeurious Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Ahh crap, never mind.

I'm such an idiot. For some reason I have my 64bit version of Daz installed in the wrong Programs file (the normal one and NOT Programs x86 file) It's showing up under the Edit heading now. How embarrassing :P Thank for the reply Richard, now I'm gonna hide under a rock :P

• 2getit2getit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

64 bit programs should be installed in the normal program files, x86 is 32 bit