questions about dystopia-destinations-hyperion-bar

bbaden6465bbaden6465 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

dystopia-destinations-hyperion-bar

ok it has a note that says
"extensive use of procedural texturing means this product requires Poser 5 or above. To use the product in DAZ|Studio or Poser 4 and below, a separate set of textures would be required."

just wondering if that applies to daz studio 4.5 pro (not sure if it worked around it or not)
and if the note does applie will i still be able to use it just miss out on some lights what exactly will i be losing

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Yes, it still applies. DS does have procedural materials, via Shader Mixer, but it isn't possible to translate the Poser Material Room settings to DS Shader Mixer settings. I don't think anyone has made a set of textures or DS shaders for the set, so you would need to create your own - certainly possible, but a fairly hefty task I fear.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Wasn't there a set of D|S materials made up for Hyperion? Yes, just checked and I have them — although I haven't reinstalled them on this computer since my last runtime rebuild. There were links (I think) in the old forums. Anyone remember where they were?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=61843 , but it looks a if the links are dead.