End of March Madness Sale Thread

2»

Comments

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Spent more than I should. And enjoyed it. Thanks to Daz. And thanks to all the people who post in the Commons. One of the most fun places on the internet.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited April 2013

Kerya said:

Sorry - but I am really wondering whether you think 50% (or even 55%) off PA items is modest?

Yes, if the discount doesn't work, once you have the products in your cart, then it is quite underwhelming. Also, if in order to get the 50 % discount in the first place, you have to buy something that you normally wouldn't buy. That is the way this years MM sale works - I hope you've noticed? Products were placed on one-day sales, making it hard for most buyers to find two or more top-of-the-wishlist items on one day to qualify for the full discount - which of course is supposed to tempt you to buy something further down the priority list, just to get the 50 %
    ...in the beginning, the new pricing structure put me off as well. With a sluggish economy, I felt (as meany others I'm sure) that every purchase had to count and I wasn't going to buy something I wouldn't use just to get the extra 20%. Previous years it was just the straight 50% off with extra bonuses on new items for PC members or through coupon/voucher offers.

However, when Howie Farkes' store went on sale, it was a "kid let loose in a candy shop" affair for me. I always wanted his beautiful sets for Carrara but, because until recently I had been working in 32 bit (now have a beast of a workstation running) I had to forgo them as Carrara8 just didn't run well with such a limited amount of memory available. Ended up purchasing three bundles and a couple single sets.

Also managed to get some sweet timing deals with new items I actually liked (like a lot of the "everyday" clothing I saw, much of it "DOs") and stuff from the wishlist. The one nice thing is that not one or two, but a number of stores would be put on sale at the same time and then there were the theme sales as well, which expanded the offerings. Actually, once things got rolling, I found it rather easy to find more than one item I liked or that was on the wishlist.

The other nice thing was if you bought one of the special items (two of which were added during the sale), you took off an extra 10% not just for the next purchase, but for the entire month.

So while different than in previous years, in the end I think they got it right.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

I can't decide right now if I'm going through withdrawal or suffering from MM exhaustion. Prolly both.

...I know my bankcard is.
  • FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

I enjoyed it. All in all there were way more cool things than my budget would allow for, but that is definitely better than not enough. I'm afraid my wishlist grew instead of getting smaller...

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

fuseling said:
    I enjoyed it. All in all there were way more cool things than my budget would allow for, but that is definitely better than not enough. I'm afraid my wishlist grew instead of getting smaller...

Yes, the same happened to my wishlist... :-S BTW, those are some really nice shaders in your store over at Rendo. I am considering buying some, but my bank account is pretty depleted right now. Well, the month is long and pay-day is comming sooner than DAZ soon, so maybe...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited April 2013

I spent a little more than last year, (just under$180 after adding in a few last minute pickups in the April 1st. catchup sale).but no where near what I've spent in previous years. A lot of that was due to the fact that the sale prices on Daz Originals were pretty much what one can expect to get in any Daz sale on products over 90 days old, so I felt no need to rush on them and concentrated on the PA sales. I also wasted a good bit of my reserve waiting for certain stores, like Omnifreaker, to go on sale and they never did, and to see if I got one of the coupons that seemed to be going to some people and not others (I never did.) And the requirement of having to buy two items to get the better discounts, which meant having to repeatedly go through everything in the daily MM bin got to be real old, real quick. As a result, there were a lot of days when I put something in the cart in the early morning and at the end of the day just emptied it out again. But mainly, I didn't spend as much here as I might have because Renderosity out-DAZzed DAZ with a series of well timed sales, coupons and Prime items. C'est la guerre.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

fuseling said:

Yes, the same happened to my wishlist... :-S BTW, those are some really nice shaders in your store over at Rendo. I am considering buying some, but my bank account is pretty depleted right now. Well, the month is long and pay-day is comming sooner than DAZ soon, so maybe...

You should, she does nice work. ;)

I went a little crazy this year on the props and characters. What can I say, Caleb was in my wishlist forever, and there were just some great goodies I haaaaad to have.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited April 2013

It was my first MM and it was all shiny and new to me, even the 'old' stuff. I was expecting to pick up a few things on my wishlist, but ended up grabbing quite a few new releases too. Then my budget ran out. :) Still, I have the Fabricator, LAMH, Infinite Gardens, Merlin's* cool morphing primitives and several other goodies to keep me happy.

*I meant Maclean. Sorry Mac. I'm a big fan of both Merlin and Maclean. :)

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
  • hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It started really well for me and then died a death, I didn't want the specials to get the extra discount, that was until about the 20th when the Cove complete (can't remember full title) and then had a blitz, loved it, my first march madness allowed me to stock up on things i may have otherwise passed by as i don't normally shop by vendor, now i have found i have quiet a few favorites but my bank card has gone into hiding! so i was quiet glad it finished, wishlist is empty now as and i am a little afraid to start filling it up again lol

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I bought very little-5 things to be exact, and one of those was only because I had to use my PC coupon. Everything else was PA items, I don't have lots of money to spend at this point and did not like the way it was structured so that only those with lots of money to spend (buying some big ticket item) got the best discounts. I REALLY wanted Garibaldi hair but just can't afford it till it's half price, which it never was when it came out :(. I miss the real Madness of MM years past. I got the few things (which I'm happy about) at half price - certainly a good buy, just nothing mad like it used to be.