DAZ Studio + iClone

ParallaxeParallaxe Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi there (-:

I have been using Carrara and DAZ Studio for several years, but it wasn't until last month when I heard about the growing and improving connectivity between DAZ Studio and iClone/3DXchange. In my opinion a perfect combination: DAZ with its vast and sophisticated art content and iClone with its easy-to-use animation capabilities.

Hence I have started to evaluate the DAZ/iClone pipeline. The first result is a small trailer for a private, non-commercial hobby project. Here's the link to the YouTube clip, featuring both DAZ and iClone parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7jpgmC6BKs

While the art pipeline from DAZ to 3DXchange and iClone generally works well, it has its flaws when it comes to details. E.g. the conversion of Genesis characters with their clothing is a bit buggy when it comes to "floating" clothes like cloaks or long skirts. You can see it in some of the scenes in the clips when the imported DAZ characters are walking.
And the iClone animation also has its issues: So far I have not been able to produce a *believable" turn of a character. The existing capabilities in iClone always include a "walk forward a little bit" sequence, before the character actually turns. And there are still some issues with "MixMoves" (transitions not always properly recognized) and the normal moves ("sliding feet" effect).

However, DAZ Studio and iClone is a powerful and future-oriented alliance which I am absoutely sure will improve even further in the future.

Greetings from Switzerland (-:

Comments

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited December 1969

I totally agree. This is what I'm talking about! Pushing the software to it's limits. Good job.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dsexton72 said:
    I totally agree. This is what I'm talking about! Pushing the software to it's limits. Good job.
    I agree that it is a good demo/trailer and pretty well done. But I see nothing that pushed iClone to it's limits. Even the Timed Demo version could do the effects if you had the pipeline for the Daz content.
  • ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    dsexton72 said:
    I agree that it is a good demo/trailer and pretty well done. But I see nothing that pushed iClone to it's limits. Even the Timed Demo version could do the effects if you had the pipeline for the Daz content.

Let's hope people are excited enough to push it beyond what it can currently do. I bought it yesterday and can't wait to dig in.