Apollo Maximus is BACK!!! The Optimal 3D Figure--Working Download!

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

By the way: I am trying to get the Apollo Maximus page at Poserdazfreebies up to date - does somebody know more links?

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Apollo_Maximus

• Thanks for this, very helpful.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    Kerya said:

By the way: I am trying to get the Apollo Maximus page at Poserdazfreebies up to date - does somebody know more links?

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Apollo_Maximus

Kerya, I added what I have as still viable links. I have more clothing but it is from the OK Candy site which is nolonger available. At least to my knowledge.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

I'm sure I had a morph to make Apollo look like vin diesel, but I can't find it! Does anyone know where it should be in my runtime?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thanks for adding clothes!

Steve: "Free Pitch Black Character" from the official site ...

edited March 2016
    SteveM17 said:

I'm sure I had a morph to make Apollo look like vin diesel, but I can't find it! Does anyone know where it should be in my runtime?

It will be under Runtime/libraries/Pose/Apollo_ADSCeleb/

And your welcome Kerya

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

I found it under "runtime/libraries/face/faceintermixer". But I can only find it by typing "celeb" into the search bar, not by looking in the folders. Strange!

• adh3dadh3d Posts: 59
    edited April 2016

Hi, I have several apollo outfits in my site, and now I am re-designing it, I am thinking in ad an "extra", apart of yours in google, my own download links ,for the core files at least, (with the untouched zip files), and of course with the back link to the official site and credit , so  Do you think, you spoke with Anton, is there a problem with that ?

Because I am trying to contact directly with him but without a result.

Thanks.

Post edited by adh3d on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    adh3d said:

Hi, I have several apollo outfits in my site, and now I am re-designing it, I am thinking in ad an "extra", apart of yours in google, my own download links ,for the core files at least, (with the untouched zip files), and of course with the back link to the official site and credit , so  Do you think, you spoke with Anton, is there a problem with that ?

Because I am trying to contact directly with him but without a result.

I would not see any problem.  Anton said; “If someone want to give them a copy of the zips, that is fine. I don’t mind. But the files can’t be repackaged into new zips.”  He just wants the zip password to remain in place.   Basicwiz hosts the core files at his site as well:

http://orphans.basicwiz.com/

Hi, thank you, I will do it, the more options to download Apollo better, because I think it is still a great figure.

edited April 2016

Hi, I have uploaded the apollo maximus, just the core files, to my site. You can download from here. I have add all the untouched core zip files to  one big zip file for easier download.

I have added to the page above a little information to fix some minor problems sometimes happens with outfits and Apollo in Poser 9 or later,  the shoulders part of the outfit has some  kind of distortion when you conform the outfit. Anyway, I add the info here too:

To fix the problem,  just follow the next steps:

1. Open Apollo to the scene.
    2. Open the outfit to the scene and select it.
    3. Go to the Poser menu --> Figure --> Copy joint zones from...
    4. A window appears telling that you have to select anfigure, select apollo .
    5. That's all,  just re-save your outfit for the next time you want to use it.
    Post edited by adh3d on

A very nice home for Apollo adh3d. Thank you.

A pleasure.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Thanks WandW awsome stuff.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Going through some old file I found FaceInterMixer, but for the life of me can't remember what figure it's for. Anybody know? A google search lead me here.

I found it in my AM runtime in Runtime\Python\poserScripts\Anton'sPoserScripts\FaceInterMixerApollo; I'm not sure which archive it is packaged in

"The FaceInterMixer is a python script, used within Poser,
    that allows the user to load Poser .FC2 Face Expression
    files and use them in Poser as if they were morph targets.

There is nothing random or averaged out in the script. You
    have complete control. And you will love it. You can use
    face files to make new expressions, new shaping morphs,
    new character faces, ethnicity, monsters, etc etc etc.

In the same way you use FULL BODY MORPHS to mix characters,
    this script allows you to mix face files with a separate
    and independent slider for each face file.
    "

Sooo ... The fact that I only work in Daz, this is something I may as well delete?

• I've used Apollo in Studio 3 Advanced, I don't see why he wouldn't work in the updated versions.

edited February 2017

Sooo ... The fact that I only work in Daz, this is something I may as well delete?

This script isn't going to be useful in Studio...

Post edited by WandW on

• McGMcG Posts: 0

None of the clothes work.  The clothing zips include preview images, cr2s, but no geometry or textures.

None of the clothing works.  The clothing .zip file only contain preview images and cr2s.  No geometry .objs or textures.

Nevermind!  I see they're in the core zip, which I didn't think I needed since I already had the figure from way back when.  Thanks again!

• Dusting off Apollo.  Thanks a lot for this thread.   I forgot how good he was.

• When you click on the link in Google Drive, look to your right and there is a symbol like a bracket lying on its side with an arrow pointing down, this is the download link. I have gotten just a hyperlink in the filename also, but I think the download symbol is a new thing.

• just highlight the files and right click it will give you the download link :D thank you for this chance to download AM again I thought he was lost to me forever.

• I have the core files and I think I have some of those other files that were on Anton's site before it went Kapooy, will looks at my disks to see what I have.

As for a place to keep them...why has no one suggested Sharecg? I would have no problem putting the files on my account if Anton would be okay with this. Is WandW still around to find out if this is alright?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273

Has Apollo been weight mapped for use in the newer versions of Daz?

Faeryl Womyn said:

Has Apollo been weight mapped for use in the newer versions of Daz?

Anton has been out of the picture for about a decade, so there have been no updates to Apollo

Yasmina said:

I have the core files and I think I have some of those other files that were on Anton's site before it went Kapooy, will looks at my disks to see what I have.

As for a place to keep them...why has no one suggested Sharecg? I would have no problem putting the files on my account if Anton would be okay with this. Is WandW still around to find out if this is alright?

He can be downloaded from the Google Drive folder in th efirst post of this thread.  If you have some that I do not have, let me know and I can add them.  If you want to share them or the files I have uploaded, feel free, with the restrictions noted in that first post. 

However, I seem to recall that he had some misgivings about postiing him to ShareCG, but I could be mistaken as it was at least five years ago,  The intermediary at Renderosity is Boni, so you might contact her...

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184
    edited January 2021

Great News!!

I still love and use Apollo especially with SBH system, Apollo has no reason to be BALD ever again!

PS.  This is my FIRST IMAGE ever posted ....LOLwink

SBH_APOLLO_BEARD_BROW AND HR - RUFF.png
    812 x 870 - 900K
    Post edited by ShadowBox24 on