mcjSoftPush : Push surface over/under another PC/MAC compatible (Safe Update)

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited February 2019 in Freebies

as of 2019 this script is MAC compatible

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts8/mcjsoftpush

This script uses the services from my Daz Studio plugin named mcjCollider. 

It can project a surface onto another surface. It can also soften the imprint.

The impetus for this script was to have a character in a bed displace the mattress surface

and have the character's body displace the bed sheets ( or get draped by the sheets )

This script and plugin system is meant for technically savy users
please do not ask me to re-explain everything ... about mcjCollider or mcjSoftPush

it's free ... so technical support is asking a bit much :)

no but really i have so many projects to tend to ! ...

thanks for your understandingsion

i know it's not a word

promomcjSoftPush.jpg
800 x 800 - 186K
ptA.jpg
800 x 900 - 102K
ennisball.jpg
800 x 800 - 97K
sleeper.jpg
800 x 800 - 162K
fuifuifui.jpg
747 x 747 - 175K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

Thanks, it works perfectly in DAZ 4.x.
    But it does not work in DAZ 3.x, I'll see if I can fix it.
    This script is something that I always expect to see in DAZ.
    Thank you.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited September 2017

Welcome.

The script makes use of collider.getHitMaxPos(); and collider.getHitMinPos(); 

which are implemented in the DS4.5+ plugin but not the DS3 plugin ( unless i forgot that i did )

if you are a script writer you could get the "Push Onto" functionnality to work using the old collider.activated()  function plus  collider.getWSPos()

walking through an object for the "Push Through" functionnality is slightly more complicated

Also, the script in many places inspects the mesh facets, and that code is very incompatible with DS3 ( facets instead of faces )

If i make a DS3 version this autumn/winter i'll re-reply to your post and tell you

Another DS45+ script you may be interested in is https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjshrinkwrapa

Thank you.

someonesleptinmybed2.jpg
    960 x 540 - 385K
    someonesleptinmybed1.jpg
    960 x 540 - 389K
  • CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

Thank you very much, this is not implemented getHitMinPos in the plugin.
    Anyway this script will help me a lot.

• GlennFGlennF Posts: 141
    mCasual said:

Welcome.

The script makes use of collider.getHitMaxPos(); and collider.getHitMinPos(); 

which are implemented in the DS4.5+ plugin but not the DS3 plugin ( unless i forgot that i did )

if you are a script writer you could get the "Push Onto" functionnality to work using the old collider.activated()  function plus  collider.getWSPos()

walking through an object for the "Push Through" functionnality is slightly more complicated

Also, the script in many places inspects the mesh facets, and that code is very incompatible with DS3 ( facets instead of faces )

If i make a DS3 version this autumn/winter i'll re-reply to your post and tell you

Another DS45+ script you may be interested in is https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjshrinkwrapa

Thank you.

Once You install GenX2 the Collider plugin will not show under the create menu.

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 779
    edited September 2017

I have to give this a try!!  Thanks Casual!!

Post edited by nakamuram002 on
    edited September 2017

Cushy modeling in Daz Studio with mcjSoftPush

so, i created 9 10cm balls, spacing = 7cm
    i selected them and created an mcjCollider
    i created a 12x12 facets primitive plane, 14cm
    i used mcjSoftPush to push the plane onto the 9 balls
    i duplicated the cushy plane 16 times and and welded them ( someday soon i'll have a weld script )
    ---
    i deleted the collider
    selected Gabrielle
    created an mcjCollider for her
    moved her down poking through the cushion panel
    selected the panel
    used mcjSoftPush to push the panel through Gabrielle so ... under her feet

PCWin only but ya know, some people have PCs, i know i know it's unbelievable

inacushyworld.jpg
    800 x 1184 - 131K
  • Very nice thank you for your hard work.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685

This is very helpful, thank you!

• hmmm...

i wanted to add a face on a wall like in the old stonemasons whispering wall: http://posercontent.com/environments-and-props-for-daz-studio-and-poser/whispering-wall

but it seems to be not possible to push the face on a plane with this script.

And the script seems to have problems with the newer daz-versions: i can load the plugin, but i can't see it nor the arrows.

When i start the script, the screen with the buttons appears and i do like in the description and the script does anything, but nothing happens to my objects.

(please only use "clear" words in your answers, becasue i am not an english-native-speaker)

Thanks

2017-09-25 22_23_46-DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro - Tor mit TeeRex.duf.jpg
    997 x 568 - 106K
    edited September 2017

Sorry i did all my tests with Horizontal planes ( bed sheets )

and i just now i found out the script needs to be corrected for Vertical planes

i will correct this and post the update in the next hour

and show you a step by step example

hmmm...

i wanted to add a face on a wall like in the old stonemasons whispering wall: http://posercontent.com/environments-and-props-for-daz-studio-and-poser/whispering-wall

but it seems to be not possible to push the face on a plane with this script.

And the script seems to have problems with the newer daz-versions: i can load the plugin, but i can't see it nor the arrows.

When i start the script, the screen with the buttons appears and i do like in the description and the script does anything, but nothing happens to my objects.

(please only use "clear" words in your answers, becasue i am not an english-native-speaker)

Thanks

okay.jpg
    610 x 708 - 33K
    edited September 2017

UPDATE Version 2 UPDATE Version 2 UPDATE Version 2 

September 25th 2017 -  Correction the first version only worked correctly for non-rotated planes !

Here is a step by step example for an x-rotated plane

1 i select the Aiko3 root node2 i do a Create - mcjCollider3 i create a primitive plane 64 X 64 divisions4 i place the plane across the face5 i select the plane6 i start the script7 i exit the script8 i select the "arrow"9 i re-orient the arrow so in points toward the front10 select the plane11 start the script12 select the "push-Through" option13 click on the "Create Push Morph button14 click on the "set morph strength to 100%

12345.jpg
    800 x 2000 - 273K
    678910111213.jpg
    800 x 2000 - 227K
    edited September 2017

Version 3 - UPDATE - Version 3 - UPDATE - Version 3 

September 25th 2017 10:56PM  -  v3 Same Correction as V2 but for the "floor" morph

floor.jpg
    800 x 800 - 45K
  • is it possible to download it from an other place as google?

Google wants first to something with my login, then sending me an email, but i don't know when ... i am waiting for hours now that google gives me access to your update ...

edited September 2017

it's because you did not click on the correct part of the download link

on most pages i do mention that you have to click on the little down-arrow which is on the extreme right side of the attachments section

but here's a direct download link, i simply copied it from the ''little down arrow"

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts8/mcjsoftpush/mcjSoftPush.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

is it possible to download it from an other place as google?

Google wants first to something with my login, then sending me an email, but i don't know when ... i am waiting for hours now that google gives me access to your update ...

daarro.jpg
    800 x 156 - 14K
  • Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited October 2017

Hi,

i tried it a hundred times now and now i gave up working with this tool, because it only works randomly.
    Best tutorial is this on this site here, but there are lot of confusing and wrong infos too.
    My aim is to get a face looking through the wall.

1. On your website you write "Push onto". Here you write Push through. Push through is right
    2. You can't change the direction of the line (not "arrow") when you select the "arrow". You can only change it by selecting the mcjcollider. I did it wrong in the 1st and 2nd image.
    3. Where (xyz) should the "arrow" (white line) be located? It makes a difference where it is and when you create / add the morphs the line will be located in the scene randomly
    4. You get no or random results only. See 3rd image.
    5. I was only 1 times able to create the correct morph (by random), but i forgot to make a screencapture :-(
       But there was "too much" in the morph. I only need the head of M7, not the rest. In the morph have been other parts of the body too. I do not need this.
    6. My last try ended in an error-message and i was not able to continue. The error even appears when i create a NEW plane, select it and try to run the script.

2017-10-02 01:18:01.365 Loading script: E:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/mcasual/mcjSoftPush.dsa
    2017-10-02 01:18:01.365 WARNING: Script Error: Line 811
    2017-10-02 01:18:01.365 WARNING: Error: cannot access member `Scene' of deleted QObject
    2017-10-02 01:18:01.365 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@E:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/mcasual/mcjSoftPush.dsa:811
    2017-10-02 01:18:01.365 Error in script execution: E:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/mcasual/mcjSoftPush.dsa
    2017-10-02 01:20:02.442 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=10054

At the moment i am not able to work with the script again, See image 4.

It seems that i have to create the scene absolutely new, but this is always too much work

mcjf2.jpg
    1027 x 520 - 126K
    mcjf3.jpg
    999 x 547 - 197K
    mcjf4.jpg
    540 x 498 - 70K
    mcjf5.jpg
    462 x 156 - 40K
    Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on

your second image seems to show that you are still using the 1st version of mcjSoftPush i posted a new version 

also note that each time you exit your scene, and reload it, the mcjCollider is unusable

so you must create a new mcjCollider for each daz studio session

Hi,

i tried it a hundred times now and now i gave up working with this tool, because it only works randomly.
    Best tutorial is this on this site here, but there are lot of confusing and wrong infos too.
    My aim is to get a face looking through the wall.

using mcjPlanarUV and mcjElevate or shaders with displacement/bump maps could be another way

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjplanaruv

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjelevate-reva

Please fix the mcj collider so that it works along side genx2.

edited October 2017

on DS4.5 and up, you may need to select the figure's root node before creating the mcjCollider

but i'll see if there's an issue i noted recently wherein the genesis meshes associated to individual bones cant be located by mcjCollider

in pre-Genesis figures the bone names and the mesh names (group names ) were exact match, not they let some discrepancies sneak in

correction ... i didnt know what you meant by GenX2, i dont have that

by "work alongside" you mean that one makes the other crash?

GlennF said:

edited October 2017

making a mold on Genesis 2 using mcjSoftPush ( and the mcjCollider plugin for PCWin only ) and mcjElevate

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjelevate-reva

moldme.jpg
    800 x 1080 - 183K
    mCasual said:

on DS4.5 and up, you may need to select the figure's root node before creating the mcjCollider

but i'll see if there's an issue i noted recently wherein the genesis meshes associated to individual bones cant be located by mcjCollider

in pre-Genesis figures the bone names and the mesh names (group names ) were exact match, not they let some discrepancies sneak in

GlennF said:

Thanks for responding.

I've had the mcjCollider installed on my computer for a long time and it worked fine it was listed in the create Tab at the bottom, some time back I bought Genesis GenerationX 2 ,installed it and now the mcjcollider isn't listed anymore.

I just need to know how to get it back.

P.S. it does show up in the installed plugins.

edited October 2017

first go in Help / About Installed plugins ... 

there should be an mcjCollider listed with the green plugin icon

if there's no mcjCollider or mcjCollider64bit plugin in the list it means the mcjCollider.dll plugin is not in the plugins folder of that daz studio

If it's there, then mmmmaybe by disabling and re-enabling it, it will be re-added t o the create menu

if not, then go in Window / Workspace / Customize

find "New mcjCollider in the actions menu

find the "Create" menu in the menus definitions

drag & drop the "New mcjCollider" action onto that the "Create" menu's list of actions

GlennF said:
    mCasual said:

GlennF said:

Thanks for responding.

I've had the mcjCollider installed on my computer for a long time and it worked fine it was listed in the create Tab at the bottom, some time back I bought Genesis GenerationX 2 ,installed it and now the mcjcollider isn't listed anymore.

I just need to know how to get it back.

P.S. it does show up in the installed plugins.

pluginz.jpg
    800 x 706 - 90K
    draggg.jpg
    794 x 744 - 137K

Thank you

I did the customize Daz studio part and that worked,now I can try  the mcjsoftpush.yes

edited February 2019

Lieutenant Dustbunny presents

updated and safer mcjsoftpush for Daz Studio PC/MAC

LtDustBunny.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 180K