Genesis installation

could someone please tell me the proper installation proceedure for Genesis into Carrara 8.5 for both manual and dim, I can see them in my folders but everytime I either try to open or import I get the message the .dsf file could not be found, even tho the .dsf file was located in the data folder.

thanks...

Warning_file_data_DAZ 3DGenesis 2Male_dsf could not be found.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 478K
Carrara was unable to import Genesis 2 Base Male cr2..jpg
1920 x 1080 - 423K

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I think you are in your DAZ3D Runtime folder... go up to DAZ3D (usually the tab above under Content) and you can then navigate down to People, choose your figure and then open G2, etc.  Or, use Smart Content tab and try Categories>Default>Figures>People... etc and choose your Genesis.

It can be a bit confusing... but they won't open from Runtime.   Hope that's not too confusing as lots of Poser stuff opens in Carrara. frown Silene

• mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    SileneUK said:

I think you are in your DAZ3D Runtime folder... go up to DAZ3D (usually the tab above under Content) and you can then navigate down to People, choose your figure and then open G2, etc.  Or, use Smart Content tab and try Categories>Default>Figures>People... etc and choose your Genesis.

It can be a bit confusing... but they won't open from Runtime.   Hope that's not too confusing as lots of Poser stuff opens in Carrara. frown Silene

Thanks, I was able to get them into Carrara, but for some reason I can't get the Genesis 3 to import or open, Genesis 3 and up crashes Carrara, by the way I'm using both Carrara 8.50 build 243 and Carrara 8.5.1 build 19,

Genesis 3 crashed both of them...

and while we're on this subject I need to know how to save an animation using Genesis in  Daz studio so that I can use it in Carrara.

Thanks....

Genesis_Genesis2 Imports.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 464K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Genesis 3 & 8 will not open in Carrara.... you need to look over the forum for the extensive discussions on this, starting with G3 since  late winter/early last spring. Misty has worked very hard on giving us a work-around... see my sig line.  But DS does not seem to be forthcoming with any direct compatibility features. I have been using G3 in Carrara per Misty's work, and can use the clothes as well, but you need to do some research to find out how we all got there. It's not to everyone's liking, but some of us like a challenge.

I haven't a clue about animation at all... maybe someone else can help. Good luck...  yes Silene

• mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    edited September 2017
    SileneUK said:

Genesis 3 & 8 will not open in Carrara.... you need to look over the forum for the extensive discussions on this, starting with G3 since  late winter/early last spring. Misty has worked very hard on giving us a work-around... see my sig line.  But DS does not seem to be forthcoming with any direct compatibility features. I have been using G3 in Carrara per Misty's work, and can use the clothes as well, but you need to do some research to find out how we all got there. It's not to everyone's liking, but some of us like a challenge.

I haven't a clue about animation at all... maybe someone else can help. Good luck...  yes Silene

ok, thanks....

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on