Can Genesis hair be fitted to V4?

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

Whenever I try to apply genesis hair to a Victoria 4 figure, she always looks like a monk! Bald top of the head and hair sprouting out from half way down her skull.

Can this be fixed?

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited March 2013

What I would do is load the hair without fitting it to V4 (or, once it loads, go to the Parameters pane, and under "Fit To" choose "None"), then parent the hair to Victoria 4's head. You may need to adjust the x, y, and z translation and scale of the hair (these sliders are also found in Parameters).

For more details on this process, see the hair tutorial linked in my sig (it discusses the opposite issue--using V4 hair on Genesis--but this particular method works in either situation).

It's possible there are other methods that would also work.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

What I would do is load the hair without fitting it to V4 (or, once it loads, go to the Parameters pane, and under "Fit To" choose "None"), then parent the hair to Victoria 4's head. You may need to adjust the x, y, and z translation and scale of the hair (these sliders are also found in Parameters).

For more details on this process, see the hair tutorial linked in my sig (it discusses the opposite issue--using V4 hair on Genesis--but this particular method works in either situation).

It's possible there are other methods that would also work.

aha! Thanks for that. I shall give it a go