Ultimate Make-Up for Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
edited September 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I have a new product which should hit the store in the coming week - Ultimate Make-Up for Genesis 8 Female(s).  G8F introduced make-up sets using Diffuse Overlays, but each character only comes with a handful of choices, so I thought it would be good to have a product that can be applied to any G8F character (and also any G3F character which uses the default UV set) and which gives a huge range of realsitic make-up choices. it contains 50 choices of eye shadow color, 50 lip colors and 50 matching nail colors, and there are also options to make each one lighter or darker, subtly shoft the tone or to fade the colors so that it sits comfortably with your character.  There are also 5 eye shadow shapes for every color, and you can have them with or without blusher. So there are literally thousands of combinations.

Just a note that it is for iRay only and because it uses the overlay channel, it either needs the eyebrows to be part of the base face texture, or the use of the fibremesh eyebrows which many new characters have - I also have a product in the works to address this, but more on that later!  Oh and you won't be surprised that I also used Hair Lustre Shaders in the promos!

I had a lot of fun making this product - and I hope that you will have a lot of fun using it with your characters to give them a unique look.  Let me know what you think - and I'd love to see what you do with it once it is available.

10 - Make-Up with Ginger Hair.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 441K
1 - Nightlife Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 403K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Looks great! Thanks so much for making products that give us lots of flexibility in our renders. The more options, the better! 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    Llynara said:

Looks great! Thanks so much for making products that give us lots of flexibility in our renders. The more options, the better! 

You're welcome - I've not finished yet!

• This looks really good.  Will they be visible in the working window or can it only be seen in the Iray preview mode or render?

Thanks, Sonja.  Yes they can only be seen in the iRay preview or on a render, that is a limitation of Daz Studio when using overlays I'm afraid. I hope that won't spoil your enjoyment of the product.

• Apparently I am going to have to suck it up at some point lol. Iray preview is painfully slow for me despite the fact that Iray generally renders rather quickly when actually rendering.  The preview, for some reason, is slower than dirt.  This looks like something I might be willing to put up with the aggravation of waiting for it to preview.  Not your fault of course, and my machine is far too new to consider upgrading at this point.  Of course, I purchased tha machine before I knew about Daz Studio, so I am grateful it does as well as it does!

edited September 2017

Not long now! Here are a couple more promos.

8 - IceQueenNewPromo.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 370K
    11 - Wink Promo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 338K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

more makeup choices that can be used on any character is a definite plus in my book! So given that G8F uses the G3F UV, that means these can also be used on G3F skins?

Yes, anything that uses the default G3F UVs.  You need to ensure that eyebrows are either included on the base face map (as is typical for G3F) or if the character uses brows on the overlay channel, use fibremesh brows (as is more normally available for G8F). So yes, it can be used with both generations of figures.

• Can you show the different eyeshadow shapes?
  • AreynaAreyna Posts: 24
    edited September 2017

Hi Phil! Your images look great! I love the colors in Nightlife! 

Here's a close up of the render I did while testing your product. I really love how Ultimate Makeup lets me match the nailpolish color with the lipstick color. Yeah, lol, I know I picked green. But after testing some 50 colors, I just wanted to be different, I guess. 

Gwyneth (Closeup).jpg
    1744 x 2267 - 3M
    Post edited by Areyna on
  • Oops, forgot to mention, I also used Ultimate Makeup's eyelashes (mascara). And eyeshadow, with one of the fade options, plus shimmer. And lipstick with one of the glossy options. And I added blush, although it may not be visible in this lighting. 

edited September 2017

Areyna - thanks for sharing the details!

Agent Unawares (cool name!) - as the product has launched today, you should be able to see it on the product page. but I'll share it below as well.  Basically there is Full, Normal, Egyptian, just on Both Lids, and Upper Lid Only.

4 - Eye Options.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 199K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Right into the cart!

fastbike1 said:

Right into the cart!

Good man (LOL!).

• PhilW said:

Areyna - thanks for sharing the details!

Agent Unawares (cool name!) - as the product has launched today, you should be able to see it on the product page. but I'll share it below as well.  Basically there is Full, Normal, Egyptian, just on Both Lids, and Upper Lid Only.

Thanks! This looks nice. I've been waiting for normal makeup to hit the store.

Announcing a new product Ultimate Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Female which should be available later this week:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/200131/ultimate-eyebrows-for-genesis-8-female-commercial#latest

Works great with Ultimate Make-Up (and Hair Lustre Shaders) for maximum customization and choice for your existing and future characters.

edited October 2017

While the existing Ultimate Make-Up set has you covered for conventional make-up looks, I thought it would be fun to do some more fantasy looks - and have ended up producing three full sets on the themes of Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Tribal. These should be launched this week (in a couple of days) so I wanted to give those following this thread the heads up!  I hope you will like them - here are one example from each of the three sets (there will be a bundle option as well).

Fantasy Promo 8 Full Face.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 366K
    Sci-Fi Main Promo Alien Eyes.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 366K
    Tribal Promo 5 Jungle Girl.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 274K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

ahhhh THAT'S what I've been waiting for! laugh

jakiblue said:

ahhhh THAT'S what I've been waiting for! laugh

yes laugh

• Please elucidate this doubt. Why my ultimate make up sets, dont work? I'm using G3F 8, I select and double click and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Can it be used on any charactere? Sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil. Can anyone help me to use this product? If you can do a step-by-step ... quick, it does not need to be very detailed, since I am already a hard user. Thanks a lot!

• helgi66helgi66 Posts: 19

I'm having difficulty getting the any of the eye makeup to show up on my G8 character. I have your

ultimate freckle, eyebrow and makeup plugins, and they all work great. I am a new user to Daz3D.

Is their some step I might be overlooking due to my lack of experience with Daz? Nails and Lipstick

colors work fine, BTW. Thanks

• I applied the make-up, which shows up in my IRAY preview. Unfortunately, it is fairly faint and doesn't look like the examples above (see attached). The color is black, but increasing the or decreasing the brightness only helps a little. I've tried changing the diffuse color to black, and that only helps a little. The other materials just make the color fade even more or change it. I want the painted on look. 

There is probably something obvious I am missing, but I think I've tried all the combos and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Someone help please!

Thanks!

• I applied the make-up, which shows up in my IRAY preview. Unfortunately, it is fairly faint and doesn't look like the examples above (see attached). The color is black, but increasing the or decreasing the brightness only helps a little. I've tried changing the diffuse color to black, and that only helps a little. The other materials just make the color fade even more or change it. I want the painted on look. 

There is probably something obvious I am missing, but I think I've tried all the combos and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Someone help please!

Thanks!

tribale makeup.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 507K

Thanks for buying the sets. The first thing to say is that the Texture Shaded preview does not show the make-up so you have to be in either the Iray preview (for the most accurate previews) or the Filament preview will also generally give you a good idea of what the make-ups will look like. I would also recommend working in the Content Library view and not the Smart Content view as the options are laid out more logically there.

For the Fantasy, Tribal and Sci-Fi Make-up sets, they all come with "Designs" and "Colors". The Designs are complete presets so they should work just by applying them. The Color presets can be used to change the colors but not the designs, giving you more flexibility.  Although they are sold in sets, you can use any of the color presets to change colors, so for example if you like a particular Tribal design, you can still apply a Sci-Fi or Fantasy color preset. Some will admitedly not look as good as others, but it is a very flexible system.  There are also utilities to brighten and darken the make-up, add a metal effect, change the lips and to fade the make-up for more subtle effects.

For Ultimate Make-Up, first apply one of the Eyes-Face presets to establish the basic color and tone. You can then change exactly where the Make-Up is applied with the Coverage options (each with blusher on or off), adjust the strength, darken and add subtle tone changes.

I hope this helps - let me know if I can help further.

• Hi! Definetly it's a very interesting set, but I've seen that doesn't work on G8.1F (the eyelashes shade and lips doesn't appear, for example). Is there a way to apply it on 8.1? Some patch or trick?

Thanks for everything (and sorry for my poor english).