Moonsong Hair on Genesis in Poser - installing/converting to DSON?

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I recently bought Moonsong Hair, which is for both V4 and Genesis. There wasn't a DSON install file with it so Poser can only see the V4 version. Is there a way to convert the Genesis version (the dsf file) to DSON manually?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Do you have DAZ Studio? If so, you can use the Make Poser Companion Files function; if not, copy a CR2 and the matching .py file for another item (ideally one that loads without textures), rename both to match the .duf file for the hair, and use a text editor edit the CR2 so that it calls the new .py file instead of the original. Place CR2, .py, .duf and the PNG thumbnail in the same folder in the character library and the hair should load.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited March 2013

I have DS 4.5 but I can't find the Make Poser Companion Files function and On-Line Help isn't returning anything except endless lists of product documentation.

EDIT: Also, there's a DSF file, not DUF, so I'm having a little trouble following the manual steps.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited March 2013

Content Library > options menu > Create Poser Companion Files

ETA: If it's a .dsf, you need to save it as .duf first

make_pcf.jpg
    358 x 389 - 49K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

:blank: My mind is totally spinning over all this stuff. They keep changing things faster than I can learn them. Thanks!