EULA Understanding

Larry1948Larry1948 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

What can I do or not do with images that I construct from the software's content or from the store? I do not desire to sell anything, but maybe just to show on the internet, or to just give away.

Does DAZ 3D have a page that explains the restrictions in just plain non-technical English?

Or, is there a person from DAZ 3D that can explain here?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Any images you create using DS or any other DAZ 3D software and content are yours to do what you want with, to sell, print, place in Galleries or whatever you wish to do with them.

The restrictions laid out in the EULA only restrict what you can do with the actual software or content, not the images that you make with it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can use 2D renders or animations however you like, commercial or non-commercial. There is one item in the store, "Anna Marie Goddard Digital Clone", which has restrictions, but everything else you can use as you like. You can't distribute the mesh or textures, of course, but you can render an image and do as you like with it.

• Larry1948Larry1948 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you both.

• edited December 1969

If that were the case, why would one need to buy:

http://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license

and other similar licensees??

I plan on using rendered images in games... backdrops, main menu's etc, everywhere I can.

edited December 1969

jonathan said:

I plan on using rendered images in games... backdrops, main menu's etc, everywhere I can.

You don't need a game license to use rendered images in games, only if you're incorporating the mesh in the games for real-time rendering.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

jonathan said:

Rendered images are fine to use in games, even without the license. And that's true of rendered animation sequences as well. But if you actually want to put the 3D figure itself into the game, rather than just rendered images, then you need the license. Think something like the Quake or Halo type games, or World of Warcraft.
  • edited December 1969

Thank you very much... is it possible for me to get that in an official email? (I'm a bit paranoid, I've haven some of my art stolen before, and I prefer to be safe than upset someone)

edited December 1969

jonathan said:
    Thank you very much... is it possible for me to get that in an official email? (I'm a bit paranoid, I've haven some of my art stolen before, and I prefer to be safe than upset someone)

Use the Help > Contact Us link at the top of the page, direct it to Sales Support and they can give you an official written clarification.

• edited December 1969

Thank you! :) (I did that 5 hours ago, but I guess I sent it to the wrong department hehehe)

Thanks everyone for the help on this topic.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The support system works 5 days a week, normal office hours.

However if you read through the EULA it is spelled out in that.