Historical Costumes

I'd like to see more historical costumes -- Regency and Edwardian periods. I'm seeing a lot of outfits benefiting from the use of Marvelous Designer which helps create a more realistic look. I'd like to see the same level of detail applied to these historical costumes. Just like Medieval and Fantasy, there was a tremendous amount of variation in the clothing of these periods.

Also -- not to forget military uniforms...

Comments

• I have a fondness for the  full-skirted, early Victorian gowns.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

1. Landsknechte

2. Polish Hussars

3. Prussian Cavalry

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I wish DAZ would commision some of their best PA's to attack specific historical periods all at once. I would love to have a 1776 America Package.

• RKane_1 said:

I wish DAZ would commision some of their best PA's to attack specific historical periods all at once. I would love to have a 1776 America Package.

Same.

• I've been looking into doing some of those but I got discouraged after speaking to someone lately who was very particular about details. My worlkflow is that I will look up some refrence and try to do my best to match it but not knowing that much about the periods I may pick the wrong refrence :(

I've been looking into doing some of those but I got discouraged after speaking to someone lately who was very particular about details. My worlkflow is that I will look up some refrence and try to do my best to match it but not knowing that much about the periods I may pick the wrong refrence :(

Generally, if you get close enough, it will make people happy. They can always opt to modify it. I would make sketches or show reference, listen to input and take it from there. :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,562
    RKane_1 said:

I've been looking into doing some of those but I got discouraged after speaking to someone lately who was very particular about details. My worlkflow is that I will look up some refrence and try to do my best to match it but not knowing that much about the periods I may pick the wrong refrence :(

Generally, if you get close enough, it will make people happy. They can always opt to modify it. I would make sketches or show reference, listen to input and take it from there. :)

Can't modify the mesh once finished, but I do agree on the textures. As long as the mesh is right, users can modify the textures to their liking. For men, you would have two different variations, revolutionary war uniforms and common outfits with the main differences being the coats and the leg wear below the knee. I'd love to see this also, detailed, but not too much to where you can have multiple figures in the scene and have it still be fluid and renderable.

Some references

http://www.heritagecostumes.com/Colonial-Costumes-br-Colonial-Clothing-c116/

http://www.history.org/history/clothing/men/mglossary.cfm

RKane_1 said:

Can't modify the mesh once finished, but I do agree on the textures. As long as the mesh is right, users can modify the textures to their liking. For men, you would have two different variations, revolutionary war uniforms and common outfits with the main differences being the coats and the leg wear below the knee. I'd love to see this also, detailed, but not too much to where you can have multiple figures in the scene and have it still be fluid and renderable.

Some references

http://www.heritagecostumes.com/Colonial-Costumes-br-Colonial-Clothing-c116/

http://www.history.org/history/clothing/men/mglossary.cfm

What I am saying is, start on the forums sharing your idea and share sketches that you made by hand of what yuou intend to make. Solicit advice and input BEFORE the project has begun then work on the .obj file.

• nelm2010nelm2010 Posts: 45

I would second a request for more historical outfits--particularly American Civil War. There's a pretty good greatcoat for that era for G2, but the uniforms are Genesis. I would be very happy to provide photos and drawings for reference to any takers. :-)

Tannenbaum has some REALLY nice WWII era uniforms over at Rendo but they are all for M4. :(

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

The one Edwardian gown seems to get a lot of use, and is the go to costume for all renders trying  to establish a Victorian/Edwardian feel.  A few more options in that period would be nice.