Installers for Twig and Sprig

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
edited December 1969 in The Commons

...was Downloading today and noticed the only install choices for Thorne's Twig and Sprig were the Daz Studio Legacy (for 4.0) and Poser Companions ones. Is there not supposed to also be a DSON Core installer for 4.5 as well?

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Check off Poser 9 in your choices and see if the DSON file is hidden...wait, I should have it hang on...

I checked everything and have only one file for 'Twig and Sprig for Mavka Genesis'. I've installed it into My Library. The popup info has it tagged for Studio 4.5 and DSON importer for Poser.

Looks fine to me. I don't see a legacy file and I checked 'show hidden files' and it gives me nothing else.

Wait. There may have been an update. Have you downloaded yet? Download then hit refresh and see if an update comes in.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited December 1969

...interesting as "Legacy" is the only Daz installer I see

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,975
    edited December 1969

May just be misnamed - it does happen. Try checking the file list from the readme and see if it lists .duf files.

edited December 1969

...I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I am at home and my DL capability suck rocks about the size of Gibraltar.

edited April 2013

..installed but could not pull up the readme as it will not open in offline mode (the workstation has no net connection which most of the newer readmes seem to require now).

When I opened 4.5, it loaded the metadata properly but I'm unable to find the character. Based on the way the Daz Format Library is organised, it should appear in Library/People/Genesis/Characters/Thorneworks/Twig & Sprig (or whatever name it installs under). However, the only other folder that shows is for Satsuki.

Going into Windows I found they had installed to the Presets/Characters folder under Handspun Studios rather than the path above. I thought this kind of thing was not going to occur anymore, at least not with new product.

The only formats listed were .dsf with DSON support File as the type. These loaded from the .trx.exe installer. I tried installing again just to make sure I didn't use the dpc.exe installer by mistake and it asked if I wanted to uninstall first so I used the "right" one.

I next ran the PoserCF installer (thinking maybe the labels were switched) and nothing more installed when I looked in Windows either in the 4.5 Library tree or the Poser/3A Runtime/Library tree. When I manually uninstalled then directed it to the Poser/3A tree, everything installed correctly.

So it appears all I have are the legacy .dsf/DSON for 4.0 and not the up to date .duf files for 4.5.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Twig and Sprig were made by Handspan Studios so that's okay...I too have it in Presets/Characters and they are .dsf with the materials as .dsa. So it's legacy and the file info popup in DIM was incorrect.

edited December 1969

...so is it useable in 4.5 of do I have to file a support ticket?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,975
    edited December 1969

.dsf should work in 4.5

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so is it useable in 4.5 of do I have to file a support ticket?

Sure it is. I've been using it since it first came out.

• FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

All of my .dsf and .dsa clothing related items still work in DAZ 4.5.

edited December 1969

...thanks. Was kind of thrown by he 'legacy" label on the installer. Thought I missed something somewhere.