zbrushcore/zbrush to substance to poser. GoZ?

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited September 2017 in Poser Discussion

i thought of modeling some simple props example box or oil barrel in zbrush or zbrushcore, transfer to substance painter and then to poser.

1)Do i need to get GoZ for poser if im using poser with zbrush?

2)is this the one? https://www.daz3d.com/poser-to-goz.

3)what is the role of GoZ for poser? to bring stuffs from poser to zbrush or zbrush to poser? thanks

Post edited by videoninja719 on

Comments

• 1) and 3) GoZ is a bridge, it simplifies the workflow of getting a model to or from ZBrush, but it isn't vital. If you are going to paint in Substance Painter then you are going to have to export an OBJ anyway, so you may as well just import that into Poser too and do without GoZ.

2) That's a video tutorial - I assume the Poser version of GoZ is available from Smith Micro, it certainly isn't a Daz product.

• 1) and 3) GoZ is a bridge, it simplifies the workflow of getting a model to or from ZBrush, but it isn't vital. If you are going to paint in Substance Painter then you are going to have to export an OBJ anyway, so you may as well just import that into Poser too and do without GoZ.

2) That's a video tutorial - I assume the Poser version of GoZ is available from Smith Micro, it certainly isn't a Daz product.

ah. awesome thank you for the heads up. im definitely gonna paint in substance now that i have it. thanks again.