constructive crticisers - apply inside!

RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'd love some constructive criticism on this t-rex model.
I began in Carrara and am finishing in 3d-coat.
screen shot is from 3d-coat - finishing the hi rez sculpting

t-rex.jpg
877 x 491 - 95K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Color me impressed! Is the semi-squatting position going to cause issues with rigging and weight-painting for the rear legs?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249
    edited December 1969

Yeah... looks cool, man! I'd run!

• RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Color me impressed! Is the semi-squatting position going to cause issues with rigging and weight-painting for the rear legs?

I modeled him in what I envision is his default stance.
    I will finish sculpting, texturing, and retopology in 3Dcoat. Animation after that. I am hoping that I don't run into any issues with animation...
    we shall see!
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Looks very good!

It's gonna have to be high resolution for all those teeth to survive or you'll have to do a lot of retopo.

Can't wait to see the texture and animation.

• timlemitimlemi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

good starting point.
    Depending on where you want to go with the model (realistic? cartoon? texture based or polygon monstered?) I might have done it differently. If the goal is a realistic mesh I currently do not see how you will be able to fine-tune the snout / mouth area. I would have started with the inner parts of the mouth (teeth, jaws, tongue etc) and put new mesh layers around that in order to have nicely seperated shading domains that are not just "stitched together" where teeth and palate, lips etc. meet. Also for anitmation a cleanly seperated head made of "anatomic components" might have been "better". But then again, if you're going for more static renders with texture based quality this mesh might do fine. If you're going for game graphics this might easily do great.

As for anatomics (second issue) I am not sure if the body's posterior is quite ok (muscles, bone setup in the hind legs). Since the structure of the polygons cannot be seen in your screenshot it's possible you have the anatomics "there", but I somehow doubt that.

I hope this can be considered cronstructive :)

Gust