Released: Precious! [Commercial]

Comments

• Wellll........   I am working on a Clydesdale that should work well for a boy ;)

clyde1.jpg
    754 x 888 - 63K
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Wellll........   I am working on a Clydesdale that should work well for a boy ;)

Oh my gosh Lady Littlefox, you are going to kill me with all this cuteness!  That little guy is PERFECT! ^_^

• Hi Littlefox,

Thank you for this fantastic set of figures! I do have a little concern. I've got most of the sets--the deer, the unicorn, the dragon, and griffon, and I see how all of them have switchable components to allow us to kitbash them into a wide variety of figures. However, when I tried putting the front claws of the dragon on the griffon to give the griffon some bird-like hands, there's a mismatch with the geographing.

Is that an error that can be fixed, or would trying to do so mess up how you're deploying them?

• Did you delete the existing front feet of the gryhon before adding new?  Unfortunately the grafts don't hot swap automatically, have to manually remove them. 

• Did you delete the existing front feet of the gryhon before adding new?  Unfortunately the grafts don't hot swap automatically, have to manually remove them. 

Okay, I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks!

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited September 2017

Hi Littlefox,

Yes, thanks. That works--up to a point

Arrrrghh...I was trying to post a render of the success in appreciation before I brought up the problem I'm still having.

I wanted to make a certain precious chaotic character--I was able to get the wings to blend in fine, and I was also able to get the dragon's clawed hand and the griffon front paw to cooperate--for a while, but the work falls apart when I try to put in the deer's cloven hoof.

I tried once more from scratch, and it looks like the deer's anatomy is still the cause of the problem--this time, I stared with the base, added the deer's hooves, unparented the deer & hid the undesired elements, but any effort to "fit" the deer to the base figure results in all the hidden deer elements to override the base figure's feet and hands. The result is the visible deer hoof doesn't blend into the base leg very nice. So leaving the deer's anatomy unparented and unfitted, I tried to add the dragon's front claws, hide the unwanted elements and fit to the base figure but left unparented--that worked okay. Tried the same to the griffon but now can't hide the unwanted elements--fit to base figure and leaving unparented seems to be the route to go for this problem.

I even tried with putting on the griffon's front feet first and then the dragon, but got the same result.

However, there's seems to be no way to add all three optional feet to the base figure...

ChaoticBuild.png
    1270 x 882 - 181K
    Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Hmmmm that is a difficult one... think the hidden parts are still trying to graft....hadn't thought people would do one of feet, but I can see about working together some one of feet if there's a desire... they'd probably be released on my deviant art page as 'single servings' ;) 

edited October 2017

Hmmmm that is a difficult one... think the hidden parts are still trying to graft....hadn't thought people would do one of feet, but I can see about working together some one of feet if there's a desire... they'd probably be released on my deviant art page as 'single servings' ;) 

Oh noooo, please don't release anything only on deviant art, or anywhere else, for Precious!  I can only get Daz stuff to download and properly work, and I would be so sad to not have the full, entire "set"! :-(

I, too, have had some trouble with Precious' feet.  If I want to use the Gryphon feet, I have to load the Gryphon character, and edit from there, because if I try to add the paws to a different character, they seem "glued" to the spot.  The will not pose or morph.  This doesn't seem to happen to the other feet, or if I use the Grypon character that has the paws included, just the add-on Gryphon paw geograft.  Has anyone else complained of this, or is it maybe something wrong on my end perhaps?

Post edited by Fae3D on
  • That's super weird.... Not seen that happen.... okay quick question.... which one is misbehaving and which one is behaving itself?  The soft paws front, back, the character load onto precious or the quick load?

I'll try to track it down.

edited October 2017

Here are some screen shots I took to try to explain the problem.  

This one shows Precious Base Figure with Soft Paws attached front and back, trying to use a pre-made pose:

This one shows Precious Base Figure with Soft Paws attached front and back, trying to manually pose the legs:

As you can see, the legs are moving, but the paws are refusing to go anywhere.  Very strange!

This doesn't happen with the hooves or the claws, just the paws.

Post edited by Fae3D on
  • Okay yeah that's super weird....  I have a suspicion as to what's happening...give me a day and I'll see if I can get it to behave.....

• Okay that's super weird.... it's in the store copy and not my copy... I'll upload a fix to the store and see if that helps.

• Okay, quick little tute for editing to single foot style.... I'd do this but it would require alot of adjustments to textures and such....which is a bit of a pain... easier to copy paste on user end (and this is also what that little skin mat file is for too ;) weird situations that might make things silly)

Okay, now no freaking out, this is really easy and you can use it on other things in the future should you want to bust up a multiple part graft especially from me or other vendors....

First....
    Go to the geometry tool.... top line, looks like a pencil filling in a grid.
    Choose the Clawed foot (or other graft part in pairs or what have you.)
    Select all polygons that are unwanted... easiest to just select a single polygon on the area that is unwanted and then Ctrl +  and it'll expand the selction.
    Right click and do Geometry Visibilty > Hide Selection

Right click again and do Geometry Editing > Delete Hidden Geometry

Save As >Support Assets > Figure/Prop Assets>     It's going to ask where to save it, put it in the appropriate graft folder so you don't loose it.  Recommend using the same name and _R or _L at the end of the name.  Tell it to save and it will take you to one more window.  Be careful here or you will copy over existing stuff.
    As you edited the geometry it's going to default save it in new places, but if you want to keep everything tidy... save the Vendor Name as Littlefox, the Product name as Precious, and then make sure the name it's all being saved under has the _L or _R in it... it should default to whatever you named the figure to.

Everything else should be okay... just save.

Poof, now it is rigged, however it will have stopped grafting for the moment.

This is easy to fix but takes a few steps.  First.... Unfit the new piece.
    Now, on Precious, using the geometry tool again,  select the edge where the graft glues to Precious. (not the line above where it attaches.... but where the polygons will be removed to be replaced with the graft).   Right click and down at the bottom, Geometry Assignment >Set faces for Graft Attachment.

Now select everything from the bottom of the foot up to that ring ( I usually just select the bottom of the foot in a few places and then Ctrl + to expand it to a solid mass and Ctrl - to shrink it back within the boundary.)  Right click and down at the very bottom.  Geometry Assignment > Set Faces for Auto-Hide.

Make sure Precious is set to low resolution the first time you 'Fit' the new graft to Precious.   Go to the pose tool and turn back on high resolution and you should be good to go.

Now resave the graft as above (should already have all the info waiting, just click the same file you saved it in before).

Load from this saved file and forever after you will have an individual foot graft.

Now for a word of warning... busting up other grafts are possible however, always make sure that the row of polygons that exist around the adhering edge is identical to the figure or things can get funky (thus, don't edit out say the top row of the dragon claws to make things tidy... it won't be able to attach any more.)

• Have a fix for the weird soft paw load problem in to the store... hopefully will be tested and uploaded this week. sorry for the long wait!

• Redownload, the fix should be live now ;) sorry for the insanity.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,988

Just wanted to say thank you (and everyone else who contributes) for these characters. You made a bunch of kids very happy, who got them on their birthday cards. smileyheart

• *giggles* I'm so glad!

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986

A new set is out!!!

https://www.daz3d.com/lovely-precious-vol-03-dragon

Lovely Precious Vol 03 - Dragon is a unique collection of poses and new textures for Precious Deer Expansion, that allow you transform your Dragon into a lovely creature or create any scene that may require adorable toon dragons in Daz Studio.

Here's a Halloween pic I did with the Precious pals!

Precious Halloween

Precious Halloween.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 5M
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986

A new set is out!!!

https://www.daz3d.com/lovely-precious-vol-04-gryphon

Lovely Precious Vol 04 - Gryphon is a unique collection of poses and new textures for Precious  Expansion, that allow you transform yourGryphon into a lovely creature or create any scene that may require adorable toon couple of gryphons in Daz Studio.

pop_daz3d13.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 903K
    pop_daz3d01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    pop_daz3d12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 985K
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Lynx!

I will be getting this later but meanwhile I wanna see what others assemble from the new parts!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704

I see but have no more funds until this weekend at the earliest.

I love the lynx, but I must confess I wish the chest fluff was, well, more fluffy.  I'm desperately hoping for something like the fluff that Pokemon's Eevee has around her neck/chest, or the Xweetok from Neopets, or Subeta's Keeto.  Really floofy!  If you're making adoptable pets, that neck/chest fluff is a must.  Maybe on a cat or dog of some kind?  I'm holding out hope!   

• I've got two more ruffs in the works, each a little different,  hopefully the Red panda will be more like the Evee fluffy ;)

Oh my goodness, did you just say red panda?!?!  That's going to be sooooo cute, I love those little fur balls!

You are literally the best, Lady Littlefox!  You keep spoiling us with the most adorable critters ^_^

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

OK, so Lady Littlefox, are the others you mentioned from the second triple set-- the draft horse stallion, for example-- coming in real soon? The lynx honestly showed up way before I expected. But I'm fully committed to the Precious lifestyle!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

So cute! Will probably be getting the lynx tomorrow. I have everything else except the unicorn because I already have a ton of unicorns, but may get it eventually for add-ons to Precious. 

Please create geograph whiskers and claws! (If you can... laugh)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited October 2017

Fun with the Precious Dragon with iPad photo apps. Whenever I feel under the weather and don't feel like sitting at the computer, I grab a png render and play with iPad apps. This is what I came up with today...

IMG_4315.JPG
    2560 x 2560 - 6M
    IMG_4316.PNG
    2560 x 2560 - 6M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Fun with the Precious Dragon with iPad photo apps. Whenever I feel under the weather and don't feel like sitting at the computer, I grab a png render and play with iPad apps. This is what I came up with today...

This is so pretty. Really Lisa Frank looking.

• Wow!  That is lovely!!!!!!

Oooo claws...  think think think.... have to ponder that one for a future one... I know I've got whiskers planned for the tabby cat.