Fawn hair

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm not sure if this is okay to do...so if I can't please can one of the moderators let me know? Thanks

I've seen Fawn Hair over at Rendo which has DS settings but is for GEN4 and a HR2 file. Has anyone bought it and used it with Genesis?
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=98152&&AID;=408

If so how has it worked? Is it easy to transfer?

Thanks

Pen

Comments

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

You could turn the prop into a figure and then use transfer utility on the converted figure, but I think the hair is much too detailed for the result to be any good at all.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

dyret said:
    You could turn the prop into a figure and then use transfer utility on the converted figure, but I think the hair is much too detailed for the result to be any good at all.

That was what I was worrying about. I'm aware of Ram's terrific tutorial on converting prop hair but I was worried about all the antlers and hair on the antler's.

Hence my question...; )

I would really love for someone who has the hair and has tried it with Genesis to respond...

Thanks for the response.

Pen

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited March 2013

Pendraia, by any chance do you have LAMH or the LAMH free player beta?

I ask because I made a hair preset that pretty similar to that, with the tall cones of hair and long strands.... no antlers in it but you could pretty easily add the antlers. I'll have a go at it later and show you. I'm just about done with the preset anyway and need to make a few "promo" pics anyway :) Any particular shape for genesis you want it for? I made it for V5 but it can be fixed to fit other shapes easily. IF you're interested you can get it pretty soon from the LAMH freebies....

^^

btw fawn hair is absolutely dreamy and i love the idea..... I'd probably buy it if i had the $ but yeah starving artist syndrome. LOL.

Edit, I went back and looked at that hair and realized mine is nothing like it. HAHAHAH okay instead of hair wrapped around antlers its just long cones of hair with strands.... ah well.... NM ^^;;

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

Hi Alia,

I do have LAMH but haven't used it very much yet.

Lol I know what you mean about lack of money....I've also gotten very fussy about what I buy in regards to how well it works in ds and with genesis.

I might wait and see if they do a genesis fit...thanks for responding Alia.

Cheers

Pen

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2013

For a lot of hair, just parent it to the head of Genesis and then use the fit morphs to size it. (Requires hair with suitable fit/adjustment morphs, of course -- but a lot of prop-based hair does.) I don't own this particular hair, so can't say how well that works for this specific case, though. But I've used it for many other hair props.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • edited December 1969

If you use the parameter tab to resize it manually to get it close, you can then add a smoothing modifier to the hair and set it to collide with Genesis. I've found that very helpful when it comes to applying hairs of all sorts from previous generations.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    For a lot of hair, just parent it to the head of Genesis and then use the fit morphs to size it. (Requires hair with suitable fit/adjustment morphs, of course -- but a lot of prop-based hair does.) I don't own this particular hair, so can't say how well that works for this specific case, though. But I've used it for many other hair props.
    If you use the parameter tab to resize it manually to get it close, you can then add a smoothing modifier to the hair and set it to collide with Genesis. I've found that very helpful when it comes to applying hairs of all sorts from previous generations.

Thanks for your responses.

I'm aware that I can fit this as a prop. However if I'm going to be paying for it I want it to work with the figure of my choice which is genesis.

I have been converting many gen 4 products that I already own and I'm aware of the process to fit a prop hair or hat. The biggest problem with props is it doesn't follow the head when you play with the shape of the head. You can get a certain amount of success through adding smoothing modifiers and adding collision to Genesis which is what I did when converting the aviatrix cap but it still requires playing with scale.
    See the render below with V3's aviatrix on Genesis mavka shape.

I'm also aware that I can convert HR2 files to figures. This would be my preference but my concern is the distortion the antlers which is why I started the thread. I was hoping that someone who has already bought the hair might be willing to/or already has tried it to see how it works.

thanks for your responses.

Pen

aviatrix_mavka.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 112K