New pwToon Cel Shader Presets

2»

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited September 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

Late to the party, but thanks for these!  :)  yes

When I used these shaders, the cel-shading looks very harsh, but yours looks smotther.  How did you do that?

My examnple:

Seare Test by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • Crescent, or anyone, I am thinking about creating a Hispanic female character, so what I'd like to ask is, what would be the perfect shade for Hispanic skin?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:

hen I used these shaders, the cel-shading looks very harsh, but yours looks smotther.  How did you do that?

My examnple:

Seare Test by tkdrobert

Change the upper and lower diffuse bounds.  The closer they are, the harder the edge.  the farther they are, the more gradual the cutoff.  The readme (html) has little sliders you can see what I am talking about, but thats about it.  It was too harsh for me at default, so I modified those.

3dOutlaw said:
    tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:

hen I used these shaders, the cel-shading looks very harsh, but yours looks smotther.  How did you do that?

My examnple:

Seare Test by tkdrobert

Change the upper and lower diffuse bounds.  The closer they are, the harder the edge.  the farther they are, the more gradual the cutoff.  The readme (html) has little sliders you can see what I am talking about, but thats about it.  It was too harsh for me at default, so I modified those.

Aswesome.  Thank you for that.

• I'm still awaiting a reply on what skin color should be used for Hispanic skin.

• edited September 2018
    https://www.deviantart.com/popular-all-time/?q=+skin+swatches+photoshop Look through some of these. Honestly skin color isn't as fixed in stone as some people think.
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • Yeah it's really hard to pick just one there, and there are a lot of options in the brown folder from Crescent's presets that cover a ton of skin tones. Also as mentioned there is a huge range when talking about even most common ideas of Hispanic skin tones.

All that said, you might start in the brown tones with numbers 24, 28, 25, 16 or 19. Try a few test renders and see how they look, and you may even try a few side by side to find the one you like best.

• tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:
    tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:

My examnple:

Seare Test by tkdrobert

In Crescent's presets there is also a utility type preset called "Shadow8-Soft", you can also try that as a starting point. From there you can adjust the diffuse bounds like 3doutlaw mentioned.

tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:
    tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:

My examnple:

Seare Test by tkdrobert

In Crescent's presets there is also a utility type preset called "Shadow8-Soft", you can also try that as a starting point. From there you can adjust the diffuse bounds like 3doutlaw mentioned.

Worth a try.

• I know this thread is beyond dead and I'm necrosing super hard here; but your link doesn't appear to lead to anything. Is there any possibility you might be able to upload anew one?
  • Crescent said:

http://outpostecho.com/downloads/pwToon_CelShaders_r2.zip

I've redone my old pwToon cel shader presets, adding a lot more colors, shadow options and line width choices.  As with the original set, you're welcome to redistribute them for free so long as I get credit for them. You must own pwToons for this to work:  https://www.daz3d.com/pwtoon

Cheers!

I, too, hope that the presets will be available for download once again.

• Crescent seem still active in DAZ forum . Try to message her /him .

And yeah the presets really helpfull for experimenting with  toon color.  I hope that will be available again 

• The link works, your browser is probably blocking the download. Firefox blocks downloading of the file stating that it may be unsafe, but it does give you an option to download. I've downloaded the zip and extracted it, the settings are there with a pdf ReadMe.