Medieval Peasant Life Vol 2 in Poser?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in The Commons

i bought the Medieval Peasant Life Vol 2 this morning. my fault, didn't fully read it. there is no poser installer.

it says something about added props for iclone only.
is there a way to manually set up the props for poser without having the iclone s/w?

thanks.

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited March 2013

[UPDATE _ DAZ DS Install Manager (DIM) will install DS Scenes for your DS library.]

Hi Misty,
    I purchased the Medieval Peasant Life packs this morning too - However I do have IClone & Pipeline 3D Exchange which I plan to use with this. Its not clear from the product description if these purchases include the export license. If so, these packs can be exported via 3D Exchange Pipeline and converted for DAZ Studio and other rendering system use. Will have to check and report back. If this works, it is an option (to convert to collada) or you may want to exercise the 30 day return policy if you feel you cannot get full value from the product.

That all said, do look into RealLusion if you have not. The over the top splashy marketing doe not really describe the systems capability well. I did not realize the what it was until I took a further in-depth look-see by downloading and exploring the works of othgers in the forums.

IClone and 3DExchange is a wonderfully flexible system that now has special export / import templates to allow for full animation capability of DAZ Characters in IClone, and vice versa. Note while facial animation is now possible on Daz Genesis figures in IClone, IClone content exported and imported to DAZ will not have facial animations until the anticipated iClone 5.5 update this summer. IClone brings incredible animation and access to zillions of figure motions, effects and entire scenes so you can create entire multi-scene movies from your desktop. I use IClone's full MOCAP and 3D EXchange Pipeline app suite to prepare animate licensed character figures for 3d game implementation.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

thanks, but i won't be buying iclone. so i guess i need to return the set. :(

I don't understand the connection between the props and facial animation software.

There are no faces that i can see in the promos. Pumpkins don't look like they have faces.

There is a horse in the last promo, but plants and animals are not included in the set.

most perplexing

edited December 1969

part of the filelist from the readme. no .obj :(

filelist.jpg
    435 x 749 - 296K
    edited March 2013

Faces ??? Not certain what you are referring too. Ohh - yeah its RealLusions confusing product and marketing. A start is understanding that IClone is one of many product lines made by RealLusion and within the IClone product line are multiple integrated products, each with its own suite of tools and capabilities associated to animating 3d figures, for many purposes.

One of these capabilities in which IClone specializes is figure facial animation (gesture, emotion and voice). Its accomplished through a combination of several of thier tools and can even be developed by end users (using motion capture, morph and bone mapping). Similar to Smith Micro and DAZ' approach to 3D art rendering, most of what can be procured in the RealLusion content stores can be made with the pro versions of the tools and with integration with other tools.

Simple isn't it? I can actually appreciate the challenge in describing what IClone is and does. I think its easy in marketing to focus on one particular aspect yet it tends to portray app as stove-pipe and unidimensional when its quite the opposite.

RealLusion is the next stop on the 3d bus ride for many DAZ and Poser consumers aspiring towards full 3D animation whether the output is video or realtime ray-traced. (game engines, flash, webgl etc).

edited March 2013

part of the filelist from the readme. no .obj :(

[UPDATE} If you use DAZ DS DIM, you WILL have DS versions installed. :) It's installing on mine now,

This is from the product description. Note: This pack includes two installers for DAZ Studio and iClone3.2. 1.Medieval Peasant Life for DAZ Studio (.DAZ) 2.Medieval Peasant Life for iClone3.2 or above (.iprop)

Not Included in This Pack: Sky, Planets, Cart, and Animals"

RE: ICLONE Formats: IClone uses proprietary formats and relies on the IClone 3DExchange application to perform import of .OBJ's This is apparently standard iClone content in their proprietary format, however it may have export capability if it is properly licensed so the 3DExchange Pipeline DRM will allow export in OBJ or FBX.

With respect to Pumpkin farm content, if you like the one I used in the FarmPeeps.com banner graphic, I used a combo of DAZ http://www.daz3d.com/barn-yard and Cornucopia3D pumpkin patch ecosystem http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=10105 and rendered it in E-On Vue Complete. There are several good pumkin products in that store. Vue has excellent integration with Poser and DAZ figures.

One last thing - IClone 3DExchange pipeline does not export collada (.DAE) and the FBX is not what DAZ Studio is seeking so I generally use a third tool to convert to collada. (UUWrap3D)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Misty do you use DS at all??If you do you could use the DS scene version and then with the free pp2 exporter ,save out the parts as props to use in Poser.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I've had all 4 sets for over three years. Leaving iClone aside, they are Studio only.

I'm quite fond of them.

edited March 2013

Thanks.

i haz to learn to control those impulse buys :) and read all the product tabs. !

Daz gave me a store credit and i re-spent the money on poser ready stuff. They answered my support request very quickly.

Grateful!
    Cheers

Post edited by Mistara on