How do I remove an icon from the smart content window?

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

I deleted a DUF file (using windows file manager), but it now has an icon with a little triangle and an exclamation mark (presumably because it can no longer find the file).

how do I remove this? (and is there a better way to delete an unwanted preset from within DS so this doesn't happen again?)

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Use the Mini Menu on the Smart Content Tab (the four lines in the upper corner) and select Content Database Maintenance a menu will open pick Remove Orphaned File References and then Accept.

Image1.png
    289 x 266 - 22K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited March 2013

Jaderail said:
    Use the Mini Menu on the Smart Content Tab (the four lines in the upper corner) and select Content Database Maintenance a menu will open pick Remove Orphaned File References and then Accept.

Why thank you Sir.

Post edited by Sertorial on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Ok, I tried this and the icons are still there (even after closing and re-opening DS). Do I have to reindex it or sthg?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The content is Removed and the Icons Stayed? I'm stumped, never saw that one before.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The content is Removed and the Icons Stayed? I'm stumped, never saw that one before.

correct

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Right click on the icon and choose "Show in Content Library." If it actually pulls something up in content library, then it wasn't deleted properly. I'm guessing that wont happen, since you did delete it through windows. You could also look at the category it is falling under by going to categories in the content library. If to shows up in there, or in the content library itself, you can right click and choose "Remove Reference". Last choice, you could try removing all categories and compatibilities through the Content Data Maintenance (hope I have this title correct, I am going by memory here. Might also be called Content Library Maintence or similar.). This is the place where you edit metadata.