Trouble saving a character preset

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been trying to create a character from a base Genesis figure. I have been saving it to a character preset which is fine. But when I add hair to it, the character preset now only seems to save the hair on it's own! And it's giving it the little green tag "hair" in the smart content window.

Can I not save a character preset with hair? (I tried highlighting both the genesis figure and the hair in the scene tab before saving out to a character preset, but it makes no difference)

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

The DUF character preset is only for saving shape, pose & material settings you have applied to Genesis, to save a "clothed" character you need to use the scene subset save option.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    The DUF character preset is only for saving shape, pose & material settings you have applied to Genesis, to save a "clothed" character you need to use the scene subset save option.

OIC !!

Thanks

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

That's exactly what I do. If a character has cloths on, hair, etc... also saving a scene subset allows you to isolate what you want to save out of a scene, so the scene you're saving from can be populated with a whole lot, and you can still isolate just what you want to isolate.