If In Studio, Getting Newly Installed Without Exiting

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited March 2013 in New Users

I've used the Studio for a couple months but not encountered where I needed a product, downloaded and installed it, but had the Studio already open. I've always gotten the products, THEN opened the studio, or already had them. Where do I go to get the product while already in Studio, without exiting and reopening the Studio? (which would then have the newly installed products.) These simple things that I encounter, lol. The Content Database Maintenance just has process metadata files- and not the product files?

Embarrassed Me,
Cathie

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can right click the content tab and tell it to refresh. Then itll be in its appropriate folder when you go looking for it. Restarting Daz is essentially doing the same thing as refreshing the library.

To get the metadata to kick in and work for smart content you have to:

1. right click the smart content tab
    2. Select Content DB management
    3. Re-import metadata

That should do it.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Uh oh- I don't know what I clicked, but my Smart Content disappeared. I have Surfaces tab and Shaping only. I think I clicked something in the little menu that had the Content Management thing. I'm not finding how to get it back!

edited December 1969

@.@

At the top of the screen go to Windows > Panes > Smart content

Drag the new smart content window to where it was on the side before

edited December 1969

Have to laugh, about the time you posted the answer, I had thwarted you by accidentally getting rid of that tab! Don't suppose you know where IT scooted off to? (Well, who cares where it went, how do I get it BACK?!) Appreciate the help, will try that when my S.Content comes back.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Windows>Panes(Tabs)>Smart Content will open it again then Dock it once again. You Closed it.

EDIT: Darn you folks fast. Give an Arthritic old man a chance.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Man, you're FAST. :)

edited December 1969

Im on here trying to find an answer to something thats been bugging me too haha.

edited December 1969

You can right click the content tab and tell it to refresh. Then itll be in its appropriate folder when you go looking for it. Restarting Daz is essentially doing the same thing as refreshing the library.

To get the metadata to kick in and work for smart content you have to:

1. right click the smart content tab
    2. Select Content DB management
    3. Re-import metadata

That should do it.

Got it re-docked, thanks (and thanks Jaderail.) That part solved.
    When I right click on the Smart Content tab, my choices are Content DB Maintenance, two options regarding docking, (pane or pane group), or close pane. As mentioned, I've spotted the metadata thing (thanks for confirming) but when you say tell it (the Smart Content) to refresh, mine has earplugs- it is not letting me tell it anything. (couldn't resist.)

edited March 2013

Im on here trying to find an answer to something thats been bugging me too haha.

well, you're in luck if Jaderail is on. :)
    EDIT: and Old and Arthritic ROCKS.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Oh my bad, its the maintenance one, just click that. I donno why i said management. It should show you a list of metadata and the thing you recently installed should be among them.

edited March 2013

These are my choices. Which one wins the prize for the content? (not meta)

database.jpg
    925 x 1000 - 83K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Re-import

edited December 1969

Isnt that just for the metadata, or is it for both the product and metadata? Sorry to be so DUH but it's my middle name. I'm trying for the actual product

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you want to see the product in Content Library > DS-Formats or Poser formats, you can right-click on a folder and choose Refresh.
    If you want the Smart Content and Product listing, use Re-Import Metadata.

edited December 1969

Opps.. Just got 100% caught on this thread. As far as I know (and I do not claim to know it all) only Closing and Opening DS will update the Content Database. It has always been recommended that DS be Closed at Content Install time for this reason.

edited December 1969

Opps.. Just got 100% caught on this thread. As far as I know (and I do not claim to know it all) only Closing and Opening DS will update the Content Database. It has always been recommended that DS be Closed at Content Install time for this reason.

EDIT: The Re-Import of Metadata will solve this though the Icons will show allowing the items to be loaded. Nice trick.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Actually, if you isntalled with the installer Process metadat Queue should add the new content -Reimport reloads the lot, which can be slow.