Daz 4.9 freezes when Iray renders (windows 7)

Here's my issue.  every time I render and iray image after this recent update.. Daz freezes.  it does not clear up.  the program will either just close itself or becomes unresponsive and windows offers to close it.  is there a fix?

3delight works fine, when it doesn't try to load iray shaders.

it will allow me to save the render before crashing..

running windows 7 premium home x64

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Here's my issue.  every time I render and iray image after this recent update.. Daz freezes.  it does not clear up.  the program will either just close itself or becomes unresponsive and windows offers to close it.  is there a fix?

3delight works fine, when it doesn't try to load iray shaders.

it will allow me to save the render before crashing..

running windows 7 premium home x64

Do you have the latest video drivers installed?

The last update of Studio includes updates to the renderers, so, especially for Iray, that means updating video drivers is in order...

• Video drivers are up to date (the were updated less than a week ago)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@mjc1016  "The last update of Studio includes updates to the renderers, so, especially for Iray, that means updating video drivers is in order..."

Not necessarily true. I still have Nvidia driver 372.9 and have no issues w/ rendering or Studio freezing. If you made the minimum driver update for the 4.8 to 4.9 Studio update, that should be sufficient.

fastbike1 said:

@mjc1016  "The last update of Studio includes updates to the renderers, so, especially for Iray, that means updating video drivers is in order..."

Not necessarily true. I still have Nvidia driver 372.9 and have no issues w/ rendering or Studio freezing. If you made the minimum driver update for the 4.8 to 4.9 Studio update, that should be sufficient.

Must be something with OS/driver versions...because I needed the latest version to get running.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

I just double checked to make sure I hadn't updated the driver and forgotten. Still Nvidia 372.9, Windows 7, 64bit.

• I have an ati raedon card.. cpu rendering only.

haven't been able to afford the real video cards yet lol

If it's a Radeon, then drivers only matter for OpenGL tasks/graphics (viewport in 3DL).

Check the log file...should be able to display under Help in Studio (don't have it open right now to be exact...).