What file paths should i have in Dazstudio 3 ??

ag_tnag_tn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It has been forever since i ran daz,,, but i am loading it up slowly ... i have too many content folder going on here ... any help would be great??? ThX ;)

Comments

• susibikersusibiker Posts: 31
    edited March 2013

Hi.
    I'm new to all this too.
    I know you said you have DAZ Studio 3, but did you know you can get DAZ Studio 4.5 for FREE on the DAZ 3D site?
    For 4.5, I have all my content in C:\Users\Susi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio and the 64 bit version of the Studio program in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4.
    The 32 bit version would be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

Obviously, "Susi" would be replaced by your account name in the content path.

It's worth getting the upgrade to 4.5 as you get so much more "for your money" including a LOT of free content.

There is also a new installer that will download and install some of the new content on the site for you. I've found the above settings worked for me. I don't know if Studio 3 supported MetaData? But now a lot of the pain about how materials and objects interact with the "Actors" is removed from working with Studio.
    Not everything has MetaData, and so some stuff has to be installed manually, but cannot imagine how hard life was in The Good Old Days ;-)

I don't know if this helps you at all? I hope so.

Regards,
    Susi

Post edited by susibiker on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can have multiple content folders or just one, but make sure it is listed as both "DAZ Studio Format" and "Poser Format".

• ag_tnag_tn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yeah i put 4.5 on here for a few days and could not get my old stuff to go in it :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you currently have DS3 installed, DS4 can import the paths directly from DS3; otherwise, just add the content folders your old stuff is in to DS4.