Odd question -- using Genesis as if it were a Gen4 character?

Ain3DAin3D Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I own Genesis and it’s great. But sometimes I want to use my generation 4 morphs with it, and while I can do that through GenX and the V4/M4 shapes for Genesis, this adds all their morphs and paramaters IN ADDITION to all of the default Genesis morph. This makes it very cumbersome. Is there a way I can automatically hide all of the morphs for Genesis and have it display ONLY the imported morphs from V4/M4? Is there a simple script available to do what I want? If not, how would I go about creating one?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Why is it cumbersome? Set the V4 shape, use the GenX morphs, ignore everything else. They aren't taking up any memory, a morph isn't imported until it is set to a non zero value.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited March 2013

jestmart, you're point about memory is a good one, but asking why it's cumbersome is like asking "why does your brain work differently then mine.. don't you understand if you thought like me you wouldn't have a problem?" People think differently, what works for one is clutter to another.

I could be wrong, but I think s/he wants to simplify their character interface. Having said that, I do understand your point... once one gets used to an interface it becomes much easier to ignore things that don't relate to what one is trying to accomplish.

I find myself constantly trying to simplify things as anything more complex then it needs to be nibbles away at my mental resources, leaving less to deal with the task I set out to do.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not use Gen X (yet) but I think there is a way to save all transferred morphs into one Genesis Morph dial (single Figure Shape). That would work well for Full Shapes and you only need the one Dial in the List then. Much less to hunt down and dial in.

It would be nice if the transferred morphs could be grouped as the DS3 interface did them.