Dials for poses...Bone Doc is this possible.....?

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
edited August 2017 in Product Suggestions

Not sure if this is even possible...so it's a product request or Daz feature, to be honest.

But clothing has adjustments and so does hair...so I was thinking, why not poses....?

See the problem is, EVERY Pose ...okay, almost every pose needs adjusting. 

1) BOTH feet need to be worked so they touch the floor....

2) Arms disappear in each other....

3) clasped fingers meld together....

4) Legs intersect, etc....

I figured this happens due to the specific physical shape/dimensions of the Base Figure the poses were designed for.

Or whether or not the figure has heels on or clothes, for that matter....

So why not Adjustment Dials for Poses, where I use them to widen legs or get arms to cross without intersecting..

Right now, I grab the pose tool, grab the limb and then Parameter up the motion until it looks right.

----------------------------

But imagine a sitting pose that could be adjusted for the size and style of chair the character may be sitting in/on......

The back could have an arch control....the legs could fold out like a recliner. The arms could slide inward and outward...raise and lower..accounting for arm rests...

Leaning poses would have angles for the amount of lean- that still kept the feet square.....

--

So many "laying down" poses have limbs floating or characters breaking the floor plane....

Going down steps.......

-------

Bone comes in, maybe as this could be a BASE POSE product. So I buy the base pose, which is JUST THAT SINGULAR POSE and has a ton of controls to adjust that one POSE.

So I buy "Sitting Base Poses for Genesis 3 and 8" and I get a male and female base pose sitting....I use the dials (or scripts maybe) to turn the sitting into lounging or sitting forward for an attentive demeanor...or laid back, sleeping in the chair....

As opposed to just a massive library of sitting poses although i13 could probably kill this idea too.

Does this make sense?

Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Comments

• Posing Tab -> Pose Controls as well as Posing Tab -> General -> Transforms -> Translation should handle most of what you want. If the tab isn't visible in your chosen interface style, You can find it under the Window menu Panes (Tabs) option.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Thanks for replying.

Is this the regular tab, where I pick a body part and then choose BEND or TWIST or SIDE-SIDE?

Cause that's what I use now.

I knew I was having trouble explaining my idea. lol

See, some parts do not move when you adjust certain parts. Or, you have to pin certain limbs/parts so that they do not move.

A slider dial, specifically made to adjust entiere poses- would plant certain limbs or adjust others as a ratio. 

(If the arms are on an arm rest, we don't want them moving if I recline the figure)

If my character is leaning against a wall - a VERY common pose that's in every pose set. lol

How would I change the angle or deepness of the lean and have all the body parts respond...the feet need to stay level as does the head.

If my character is sitting in a chair and I switch the slider to (more) RECLINE, the feet would stay where thye were- planted on the floor...or once I hit the limit, the feet would begin to point forward.

The bone doctor part is a smooth transition between those two end points....I could do this now with a combination of both Bone Doctor products...

Assuming I had BOTH Poses, I could transition from one to the other, OR Exaggerate the pose to increase the intensity....

OR He (a vendor) could make ONE POSE and everything else is controlled by sliders that come with the pose to adjust it directly.

• Pose controls does exactly what you're asking for.

Show me a screen shot of this tool in use. This sounds incredible.

I'm looking for it. lol

• avxp said:

Show me a screen shot of this tool in use. This sounds incredible.

I'm looking for it. lol

Here is a screenshot of it, as I've got my installation configured. I'll sprobably see if there is a YouTube video on how to use it, and if I don't find one, I may make one.

Posing Tab.png
    682 x 647 - 83K
  • Search "Daz Plugin" in google images, you find a pose plugin there! I think its a advance pose mixer!

Yeah, I have that. I didn't see anything for actual poses.

It's got things like shoulder shrug. And I rememebr moving one limb and it automatically moving the other.

I thought that was related to IK somehow....but this is different.

I'll have to explore this more then.

NOW I see what you mean. This is interesting.

• avxp said:

Yeah, I have that. I didn't see anything for actual poses.

It's got things like shoulder shrug. And I rememebr moving one limb and it automatically moving the other.

I thought that was related to IK somehow....but this is different.

I'll have to explore this more then.

NOW I see what you mean. This is interesting.

Does it help out like I have seen in my own use of it?

You are awesome! This wouldn't replace the pose product I'm dreaming about, but dang right if this isn't the answer for now.

So far, I only use the pose tool and the regular parameter controls to move people around.

This is a different way of working and I'll be digging into it.

This is great for short bursts of action and solves another problem which is portraying small segments of time, where the characters move some, but not a whole lot.

I also like the minor and subtle tweaks this affords.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

You can make your own pose controls.  

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,772
    edited August 2017

You can make your own pose controls.  

Wow!!
    this will be quite useful for setting up custom pose controls for animation 

Thanks Cris!!!!!

Post edited by wolf359 on

Incredible suggestion. Daz has so many hidden weapons and features, my goodness.