Morph resultion degrades after saving scene

Hello!

I GOZ my model into ZBrush, and I add some sculpting to it.

Then I bring it back to DAZ and store my new morph.

I then close ZBrush.

Then I run GOZ again, check "Export with Deformations", and I see my sculpt in ZBrush again in high resolution, exactely like I did it.

(It's not magically stored in ZBrush, I know this because I closed ZBrush before, so the high resolution sculpt must be present in my DAZ scene.)

I then save my DAZ scene and close DAZ.

Then I open up DAZ again, load my scene and bring the model with the morph to ZBrush again, using "Export with Deformations".

But what I see now in ZBrush is a low resolution version of my sculpt.

I did check "Resolution Level: High Resolution", "Subdivision Level: 2", but I still can't get it to show in the high resolution that I originally created the morph in.

Does anybody see what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much for the help!

Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on

Comments

• We general users don't have the ability to create HD morphs.

• edited August 2017

But I did create one as I see, I can export it back to ZBrush.

It's not visible in DAZ, but when I GOZ my model to ZBrush, it's there with great detail.

Only it gets lost when I save my DAZ scene.

Can anybody share some light on what's going on here?

Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

As Richard said, general users cannot create HD morphs for use within Studio. You must be a PA for that to be unlocked.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Yup us children can't be trusted with the ability to create HD morphs for use on our Daz People....

• Ok, thanks, then I will stick with Richard's displacement workflow.

• JamesJAB said:

Yup us children can't be trusted with the ability to create HD morphs for use on our Daz People....

I don't think it's that, but rather the perception that the HD tool is a shortcut to getting high polygon imports that some users want it to be.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,786
    There is the option of creating a product and submitting to daz. If one is so skilled at modeling then become a PA and one will have access to the magical HD morphing tool.